Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player publicly handing in a transfer request that definitely weakens the clubs position.

If Modric had not kicked off Levy would NOT have accepted 33m and Modric would have stayed unless an offer of at least 40m came in, but because he requested a transfer he moved Levy to sell at around the 33m.

I think that AVB has wanted to switch to a 4-3-3 all along. Paulinho would fit great as a box to box mid in a midfield with Dembele and Sandro.

very uncharacteristic of an American is it?

gifs_15.gif

As much as I am excited about Pauli coming to White Hart Lane ... I am also kind of worried. :avbcringe:

I am worried about Holtby.
You know ... that German kid for whom we really have high hopes.
I really like that kid, but if we switch to a 433 with Sandro, Dembele, and Pauli ... where's Holtby?

Whatever AVB is doing, I am completely supportive, but I hope Holtby is still a BIG future in the team.
It would be really hard to displace any of those three; however, I can see a good bit of intelligent rotation.

As for the other kid Siggy ...
I like him just as much, but for some reason I am not worried. He still has a place at left wing, and also ...
He seems to be a long term THFC target; not some panic buy (according to some of the more credible ITK)
Plus, weren't we offered more money from Reading than we actually paid for him? Yeah, so he's probably just fine.

I was getting updates from a few polish lads I know when he scored against Engurland telling me how he's shit, I trust them.

That was over 5 years ago. I'm sure that he'll have improved considerably since then.

God forbid a teenager moving from Brazil to Poland/Lithuania doesn't settle in straight away and produce the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom