Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internacional are doing this to attempt to create some kind of bidding war for Damiao. I don't know if it is in his or our best interests anymore because the expectations will be very high for him after all this time.

Internacional reveal Leandro Damiao talks have been held with Tottenham

Last Updated: May 1, 2013 10:55am

Spurs came close to bringing the Brazil international on board in January, but failed with a deadline day approach.
Officials at White Hart Lane have continued to monitor Damiao since that point, with reports suggesting that they would return to the negotiating table at some stage.
Luigi says further discussions have been held, ahead of the summer window, and he has hinted that the 23-year-old forward will be plying his trade in the Premier League next season - rather than in his homeland or in Serie A.
He told Tutto Mercato: "If a club want a player, they must talk to the president of the club at which that particular player plays, and not just deal with the agent - that is not correct behaviour.
"Recently we talked with Tottenham, Leandro is very likely to play games in England in the coming year. On the other hand, we can exclude Napoli."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ro-Damiao-talks-have-been-held-with-Tottenham

Nope, only been asked to pay up £6.5 mil plus we've got a few loans for them lined up to aid the deal.

Mate, with respect - I rather see that 6.5m invested towards our brand new 35-goal a season super striker than potentially hamper Carroll's so far promising development

Mate, with respect - I rather see that 6.5m invested towards our brand new 35-goal a season super striker than potentially hamper Carroll's so far promising development
Plays in a different position to Tom Carroll, Ince is a inside forward .

Am I the only one that thinks Damiao is dangerously overrated? His past season this year has been a complete train wreck, same as Neymar's. If these apparently brilliant brazilians are worth what their teams say they are...they need to put up exponentially better numbers in a weak domestic league.

Both Neymar and Leandro's people realize what a mistake it was not to strike while the iron was hot and capture a huge transfer fee while their was some illusion regarding their playing ability. Both would be foolish buys.

I just hope Man U dick over Rooney and AVB offers him the opportunity to really go for glory.

You realise Ince is a winger and not a CM right? Has no impairment on TC at all mate.

Wing options of Townsend, Ince, Lennon, Bale stands us in great stead.

We seriously lack wide depth.

Am I the only one that thinks Damiao is dangerously overrated? His past season this year has been a complete train wreck, same as Neymar's. If these apparently brilliant brazilians are worth what their teams say they are...they need to put up exponentially better numbers in a weak domestic league.

Both Neymar and Leandro's people realize what a mistake it was not to strike while the iron was hot and capture a huge transfer fee while their was some illusion regarding their playing ability. Both would be foolish buys.

I just hope Man U dick over Rooney and AVB offers him the opportunity to really go for glory.

I still think Damiao would be a very good signing and certainly an upgrade on our current lot.

Also, we should be able to get him a bit cheaper than what Inter have previously demanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom