Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Neymar and Leandro's people realize what a mistake it was not to strike while the iron was hot and capture a huge transfer fee while their was some illusion regarding their playing ability.
Well, if there's any truth to the rumours that Neymar's hurtling toward bankruptcy, then we'll see him change continents, I imagine.

Am I the only one that thinks Damiao is dangerously overrated? His past season this year has been a complete train wreck, same as Neymar's. If these apparently brilliant brazilians are worth what their teams say they are...they need to put up exponentially better numbers in a weak domestic league.

Both Neymar and Leandro's people realize what a mistake it was not to strike while the iron was hot and capture a huge transfer fee while their was some illusion regarding their playing ability. Both would be foolish buys.

I just hope Man U dick over Rooney and AVB offers him the opportunity to really go for glory.

Rooney alone wouldn't help us. He is best at CAM or CF with a striker in front. so we'd still need a quality striker like soldado or benteke

Rooney alone wouldn't help us. He is best at CAM or CF with a striker in front. so we'd still need a quality striker like soldado or benteke
Be that as it may, WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE is right about the brazilians and I fear the names you mention will go where the money is best. Rooney could be a steal, and I think he has more in him than you give him credit for.

That said, I suspect he will also want a big wage and will therefore end up at the likes of Anzhi Muthafucka.

Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon I'm not saying he would be bad if he played for us. I think he'd be a steal I just dont think hes the complete answer to our striker problem.
I think if he really gets boned by ManU he'd want to play in England for a top 6 club and for 100,000 a week to try to get revenge on ManU. I could see him coming to Spurs if Man U do sell.

I actually think Rooney would fit in with Ade. Granted he cannot score a goal this season to save his life, but he is great at holding up the ball in the final third. I imagine a Dembele pass to Rooney, running up to the final third, pass off to Ade, who holds up the ball, Rooney makes the run, gets the pass, one touch. Goal.

Nope. Capturing Rooney from Man U would be a big deal for the club...if it is to happen at all, he would get his salary...or Levy would structure a deal like he did with Bale and that tv thing to make sure he is properly "looked after"

Nope. Capturing Rooney from Man U would be a big deal for the club...if it is to happen at all, he would get his salary...or Levy would structure a deal like he did with Bale and that tv thing to make sure he is properly "looked after"
There are very few things Rooney could get paid to endorse that he doesn't already.

One player I would love to see at Spurs is Ilkay Gundogan of Dortmund. He was stellar in both games against Madrid, quietly going about his business but putting in fantastic performances.

I believe he has said in the past he would like to move to England.

One player I would love to see at Spurs is Ilkay Gundogan of Dortmund. He was stellar in both games against Madrid, quietly going about his business but putting in fantastic performances.

I believe he has said in the past he would like to move to England.

Once you said he was stellar in both games against Madrid means he is now too expensive for Tottenham.

Once you said he was stellar in both games against Madrid means he is now too expensive for Tottenham.

To be honest he probably was already. He's had a great season. Obviously headlines in Dortmund are made by Lewandowski, Gotze and Reus but he is superb in the middle of the park. If there is an exodus in that part of Germany this summer then I'd love to get him. He'd be a huge upgrade on Scott Parker

To be honest he probably was already. He's had a great season. Obviously headlines in Dortmund are made by Lewandowski, Gotze and Reus but he is superb in the middle of the park. If there is an exodus in that part of Germany this summer then I'd love to get him. He'd be a huge upgrade on Scott Parker

It would be great to see but I seriously doubt much in the way of investment will be made into the squad. AVB will probably get enough for one good player and besides that it will be business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom