Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Reptile's latest posting on the ITK thread.

He also said that Southampton are after two of our players, and there's some kid there (can't remember name, but about 14/15) who is in the bale mould, who we've looked at last season in youth games.

I live just outside of Southampton, my partner is a massive Saints fan & several mates are ST holders there. The lad they are all raving about is a 16 year old called James Ward Prowse. It may be him.

If there are club appointments made as we expect this weekend and given that most of the football journos are at the Euros, should it be assumed that any press conference would be Monday at the earliest, more likely Tuesday? Or would Levy want to do it when all the 'Arry lovers are out of the country?

SinghYid said:
Apparently, Dos Santos has left or is about to leave soon....
I read this article; it's hard to understand (spanish) but I think he may be on his way out.

http://m.mediotiempo.com/futbol/sel...os-por-la-firma-de-contrato-con-su-nuevo-club

...IDK, I got mixed feelings about this

This is what it says when Google translated:

Thu, June 28 13:03

The Coaching Staff of the Mexican and knows the team he fichará Giovani dos Santos and therefore allowed him to report the U-23 until Monday, although the concentration began four days ago. The coach of the Sub- 23, Luis Fernando Tena, acknowledged that the player does not arrive at their best physically, but clarified that this is preferable because it will be calmer after joining a new club. "It's not an excuse, he has to go, you must sign a papers must be in the arrangements, he asks us to want to make his move from Tottenham to another team, "said the" Thin ". "He told us the team, I have the power to speak and we are much better than he is calm, to fix his contract and come, they may not physically at his best but mentally well and happy, knowing where to play. "

"The most important is your peace of mind, never had a doubt, when we said (to fix their contract), we told him sees, do it "

Unless we buy another player who can play on the right wing, which I don't see happening, I'd prefer to see Bentley brought back into the fold.

He did well in the season we qualified for the Champs League, well enough anyway.

I remember last summer moaning about how not getting cover for Lennon was gonna cost us, when Redknapp so clearly (understandably, to an extent) didn't rate Bentley. Then Lennon was out injured for a couple of different periods and our team shape was destroyed.

So, sign a right winger, then yes please - get rid of Bentley. But if not, why not use him when needed? He's better on the right than blimmin Modric or Bale.

SinghYid said:
Apparently, Dos Santos has left or is about to leave soon....
I read this article; it's hard to understand (spanish) but I think he may be on his way out.

http://m.mediotiempo.com/futbol/sel...os-por-la-firma-de-contrato-con-su-nuevo-club

...IDK, I got mixed feelings about this
From my somewhat limited Spanish, i'm reading it as him joining up with the rest of the Mexico U23 (Olympics) team a few days late because he has been sorting out a move, which the Mexico manager has sanctioned and is aware of.

It says that he is not joining in the best fitness, but his mental state will be better after signing for a new team. The article also mentions him being strongly linked with Atletico Madrid a few weeks ago, but that now Seville is an option (obviously his new club is unknown so this is speculation).

Definitely seems as if he is moving though, if my translation is correct.

I'm gonna pass that off as my own ITK actually.

ITK: Abbey Yid
Player: Giovani dos Santos
Probability: 9/10
Source/status: The Fighting Cock forum
Info: You can all trust me because I don't do ITK at all, but this is a genuine piece of information which I have been given in faith. Giovani dos Santos is definitely leaving this summer to move to Spain. Offer has been accepted by us, he just needs to finalise the paperwork this weekend and then he's gone.

:baletroll:

Even before I became absorbed in football -- much less Spurs -- I knew in the depths of my soul that the movie Green Street Hooligans was a massive pile of shit.

LOL

Not fit to wear the shirt: Modric isn't Real Madrid standard says Galactico Guti

Bernabeu legend looks down his nose at the Tottenham midfielder and says his old club should go for Manchester City's Silva instead
Get Real: Guti says Modric hasn't proved he is good enough for the Bernabeu

The stinging blast for the Tottenham midfielder has come from ex-Bernabeu midfielder Guti, who helped Real win 15 trophies - including three European Cups - in his career before leaving two years ago.

Guti, who played more than 500 games for the Spanish giants, hit out: “He hasn’t even been the key man for Tottenham, I don’t think he’s done enough to play for Real Madrid.”

Now on his summer break after Euro 2012 duty with Croatia, Modric has made it clear to Spurs chiefs that he wants out and Real boss Jose Mourinho is a big admirer.

But it would appear that Modric would not meet with universal approval among Bernabeu die-hards.

Guti believes the club should look to raid new Premier League champions Manchester City instead if they want a playmaker.

“I would go for David Silva in this position," he added. "I think he’s the ideal player for Real Madrid.

“He’s young, has bags of talent and potential, and has achieved great things with Manchester City and Spain.”

MKYid said:
I don't think there are many clubs capable of 'raiding' Citeh. It's not like they can offer a substantial pay increase...
Indeed. If anything City are going to soon have the problem that they want to shift players but can't because said players don't want to be forced out onto lower wages.

sammyspurs said:
LOL

Not fit to wear the shirt: Modric isn't Real Madrid standard says Galactico Guti

Bernabeu legend looks down his nose at the Tottenham midfielder and says his old club should go for Manchester City's Silva instead
Get Real: Guti says Modric hasn't proved he is good enough for the Bernabeu

The stinging blast for the Tottenham midfielder has come from ex-Bernabeu midfielder Guti, who helped Real win 15 trophies - including three European Cups - in his career before leaving two years ago.

Guti, who played more than 500 games for the Spanish giants, hit out: “He hasn’t even been the key man for Tottenham, I don’t think he’s done enough to play for Real Madrid.”

Now on his summer break after Euro 2012 duty with Croatia, Modric has made it clear to Spurs chiefs that he wants out and Real boss Jose Mourinho is a big admirer.

But it would appear that Modric would not meet with universal approval among Bernabeu die-hards.

Guti believes the club should look to raid new Premier League champions Manchester City instead if they want a playmaker.

“I would go for David Silva in this position," he added. "I think he’s the ideal player for Real Madrid.

“He’s young, has bags of talent and potential, and has achieved great things with Manchester City and Spain.”

Haha, what a total prick. Yeah, OK, buddy, you're right; he's toilet so leave him be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom