Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sibs Sibs . How do you measure the probability side of it? 4/10 for Swansea wanted to keep Caulker? Of course they want to keep caulker that is most certainly true! Surely it should be 10/10?

and others too, is it done on probability of transfer or probablity of story?

It's been confusing me. :walker:

Eq2.gif

but seriously i assign an almost random number with some thought given to whether or not I think that it will actually happen, combined with if it could actually true info

From January 2012:

REMY v PAVLYUCHENKO SINCE 2009-10

League Apps:

Remy - 95
Pav - 48

League Goals:

Remy - 37
Pav - 15

Goals per game:

Remy - 0.39
Pav - 0.31

Pyro_era said:
From January 2012:

League Apps:

Remy - 95
Pav - 48

League Goals:

Remy - 37
Pav - 15

Goals per game:

Remy - 0.39
Pav - 0.31

Maybe it isn't the Remydey we need then! :cliveallen:

I'd still take him, if the price is right. Spurs' front line needs a fresh infusion of talent.

Let's all stop banging on about Huntelaar and Llorente, etc. Those are exactly the types of players we need, but they're also the type of players that know full well that any handful of clubs in Europe would guarantee them +100 / week, which we won't do.

If we land someone like that, fucking fantastic. Daniel Levy is a triffic sonuvabitch, amen. But the arrival of a player like that is only slightly less ridiculous than if we were to reach a deal to break out wage ceiling to bring Lionel Messi or C. Ronaldo to Spurs at 100k per week.

Levy, make Huntelaar happen...
:levystare:

Pyro_era said:
From January 2012:

League Apps:

Remy - 95
Pav - 48

League Goals:

Remy - 37
Pav - 15

Goals per game:

Remy - 0.39
Pav - 0.31

Do you know if thats just starts, or are sub appearances included? If they are then Pav's would be probably a fair bit higher.
Also worth bearing in mind that Remy plays RW a lot for Marseille, and at Spurs he'd have a much better team and supply line.

Remy - no good enough.

Huntelaar - bottled it in both La Liga and Serie A. Can't handle the big leagues.

I vote we look elsewhere. Hell I'd rather we went for someone like Pappa Cisse. Even that new chap at Everton Jelavic seems to be doing the business.

Smoked Salmon said:
Remy - no good enough.

Huntelaar - bottled it in both La Liga and Serie A. Can't handle the big leagues.

I vote we look elsewhere. Hell I'd rather we went for someone like Pappa Cisse. Even that new chap at Everton Jelavic seems to be doing the business.

Remy would be a good signing, I'd want him, but only in addition to another striker. Don't feel he is prolific enough to play up front on his own.

Harsh to say Huntelaar can't handle the big leagues, hell i'd say that the Bundesliga is better than Serie A.

He scored 7 goals in 11 starts at Milan, which is good, and 8 goals in 13 starts for Madrid. You can't say he flopped when he was never first choice, look at him now at Schalke. Strike Rates up there with the very best. He was prolific in the Europa League as well.

Also, Cisse would probably cost 20m+ and I doubt him or Jelavic would want to leave already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom