Stop Chasing AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do it @ Eskimo Eskimo , do it or are you chicken?

No need for a long winded load of guff..

I appreciate he is entitled to an (incorrect) opinion but when he cant even get facts correct.

Fundamentally AVB is a better manager, and for those of you that use stats to berate him and promote Redknapp, here is one you may like, I’ll put it as brutally honest and as devastatingly simply as I can.

In his fledgling career as a coach Villas Boas has won three trophies. In Redknapp’s twenty plus year tenure as a manager he has only won one, he has also taken two teams down.

For a start 'Arry has won more than 1 trophy

"in the 1986–87 season. Bournemouth won the Third Division title in style, gaining a club record 97 points"

Now I'd say that alone a bit more of an achievement than winning the league with a side that have won it 9 times in 10 years - not forgetting who they had up front at the time - neither Falcao or Hulk were signed by him so its a bit rich for him to dig Redknapp out for the squad he inherited when he took us over - a squad that finished 11th the previous season and was rock bottom when he took over if my memory serves me right :harrylol: .

He also won the title with Portsmouth... and the inter-toto with West Ham...

Also to call it a fledgling career is a bit much, his first managers job was in 1998.

Last edited:
Also to call it a fledgling career is a bit much, his first managers job was in 1998.

It was with the British Virgin Islands, that's like managing a pub side whilst on holiday. Their population is less than WHL on a match day.

It was with the British Virgin Islands, that's like managing a pub side whilst on holiday. Their population is less than WHL on a match day.

Yeah, but Bermuda arent exactly a power house of world football.... and they dicked him 5-1 and 9-0.

No wonder it took him 10 years to find another managers job.

Look at the state he left Chelsea in and look what they ended the season with.... had he been in charge for the second leg of the CL game he wouldnt be managing us now i guess.

Look at the state he left Chelsea in and look what they ended the season with

rdm20avb.jpg

*ahem*

And didn't they just play the most wonderful flowing football....

Your'e getting desperate now Eskimo. Your agenda against AVB is incredibly boring.

tumblr_mj8x7eHq5S1rtnxyno1_400.gif

Anyone arguing in favour of AVB should really steer away from any sort of argument relating to wonderful flowing football.

you-can-t-handle-the-truth-o.gif

Anyone arguing in favour of AVB should really steer away from any sort of argument relating to wonderful flowing football.

That's the point, one of the things you moan and whinge on about half the time is our style of play. Yet you laud Di Matteo for Stoking his way past Barca and Bayern.

Look at the state he left Chelsea in and look what they ended the season with.... had he been in charge for the second leg of the CL game he wouldnt be managing us now i guess.

He did better in the league than Di Matteo, left them in all comps and within a win from 4th. While brining in some major talent to the side. "The state" he left them in is very often over egged.

He failed at Chelsea, he lost the players and the faith of the club, but he didnt take them down the drain. Despite that he left them in good shape.

And to be honest, and this is in no defence of AVB, I do not think di Matteo had much to do with anything that happened after AVB left. The players virtually managed themselves, Drogba was the defacto manager, and I still cannot fathom how they actually won the CL.

Back
Top Bottom