Stoke away - please read the OP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good to see MOTD2 have a Ref Justice section where they tore apart Chris Foy and the linesmen. When there's a good quality rip of it I'll link to it.

Sibs said:
So, we going for a draw tomorrow night? I'd rather keep the nice little gap between us and Chelsea, so happy for a Man City win - we are some way behind them and unless the wheels completely fall off I realistically can't see us catching them.

I can't really decide. I do think Man City with have a blip and with all the egos at the club, once they start losing and drawing a couple in a row who knows? I do hope there are plenty of yellow and red cards all round though ;)

got FUCKN robbed today by that CUNT of a FUCKN referee if ya can call the CUNT that

was pissed and still am really but I've calmed down abit after a shit day at work

we wasn't great especially our fuckn defending but if the dick of a ref had of been worth a fuck we'd of still done the fucking shit stain rugby club called stoke

can't wait for them cunts to get relegated

I thought Arry's tactical decision to go 3-5-2 after half time was a masterstroke. I shuddered a bit when Bassong came though :) The extra bodies in midfield trapped the ball in Stokes half and Walker and Bale have engines enough for wing-backs. Might be a useful weapon in future.

Also the following 'Arry quote is a ripper

"We've come away with nothing because there's a blatant handball on the line and Adebayor's two yards onside. The linesman will look at it tonight when his wife's making him a bacon sandwich and think 'f**k me, what have I done there?'"

I'll definitely be cheering on City and in particular Silva but I also want Sturridge to score a couple. How about a 3-2 City win with a Silva hattrick and Sturridge with a brace.

drwinston001 said:
I'll definitely be cheering on City and in particular Silva but I also want Sturridge to score a couple. How about a 3-2 City win with a Silva hattrick and Sturridge with a brace.

0-0 for me, or a City win if push comes to shove. Chelsea are the bigger threat to us, but lets not forget were in a title race here. Yep, I said it. :ledley: Deal with it.

Hearing mumblings about "is Friedel the keeper we thought he was, didnt command his area for the goals" and "We're Shit without Ledley"

No. I'm not sure you can say either. Those cunts get everyone with that long throw dross. Its not something that can't be properly replicated and prepared for in training.

The key is the momentum and trajectory of the ball, its not like a corner flashing across the face of the goal. it needs someone to get up and head it back in the opposite direction cleanly (not easy when you being pushes, held and kick by a bunch of sunday leaguers.), or its going to result in a scramble which will likely result in a goal.

Before someone says you have a week to prepare for it consider this; every team will practise corners in training, attacking or defending, all year round even then your not immune to letting one slip. Stoke are the only side which practise this fucking shit all the time, to the extent where it IS their main goal revenue, and they resort to the lows of sending their players out with towels under their kit. No one to blame for those goals.

Obviously its not impossible to defend against, but i dont think Ledley being on the pitch would have stopped it.

Ben said:
Hearing mumblings about "is Friedel the keeper we thought he was, didnt command his area for the goals" and "We're Shit without Ledley"

I mentioned this in another thread - have heard the Friedel comment a few times in the run up to the weekend so not people knee jerking. Not something I've overly noticed I have to say, but our record conceding from crosses/set-pieces this season is shocking, even when we've been bossing games

thedutchman said:
Ben said:

I mentioned this in another thread - have heard the Friedel comment a few times in the run up to the weekend so not people knee jerking. Not something I've overly noticed I have to say, but our record conceding from crosses/set-pieces this season is shocking, even when we've been bossing games

Was'nt talking about your post in particular mate, just wanted to make the point that its a particularly difficult set piece to defend against, and that its difficult to prepare for as your only up against it twice a season.

I havn't personally heard any thing about Brad until now, if theres an example of a keeper who doesnt command his box well to be had, look no further than our subs bench.

Ben said:
thedutchman said:
Ben said:

Was'nt talking about your post in particular mate, just wanted to make the point that its a particularly difficult set piece to defend against, and that its difficult to prepare for as your only up against it twice a season.

I havn't personally heard any thing about Brad until now, if theres an example of a keeper who doesnt command his box well to be had, look no further than our subs bench.

When you think about it, how many keepers are there that command their box well? A lot tend to want to stay at home (Given's a big example of this for someone with a big rep) or just come out flapping like a chicken with a rocket up it's ass (mentioning no names).

there's quite a few people who have mentioned Brad in recent weeks. Personally, I'd prefer he did what he does than rely on Gomes. The way I look at it Brad will rarely be a 10/10 but consistently he's 8/10. Gomes on the other hand can be 10/10 regularly but often throws in a 5/10 costing us a game.

Consistency is key to being a top player and team. Brad is our most consistent goalkeeper even at 40.

drwinston001 said:
there's quite a few people who have mentioned Brad in recent weeks. Personally, I'd prefer he did what he does than rely on Gomes. The way I look at it Brad will rarely be a 10/10 but consistently he's 8/10. Gomes on the other hand can be 10/10 regularly but often throws in a 5/10 costing us a game.

Consistency is key to being a top player and team. Brad is our most consistent goalkeeper even at 40.

My thoughts when we signed him...and at the time I thought that we'd gain as many points from him not dropping howlers than we would lose from him not pulling off the Gomes v Ars***l type saves...but having a consistent GK behind him has made as big a difference for someone like Kaboul as playing with Ledley has imo.

I didn't see the merit in signing him, but he's calmed things down generally at the back so I was wrong on that front. Top, top class GK's are so hard to find so having someone who is very good and consitent at that level is not all that bad, is it?!

thedutchman said:
I didn't see the merit in signing him, but he's calmed things down generally at the back so I was wrong on that front.

same here although a lot of my anguish was the fear that this would be our one and only signing for some reason at the time.

Did anyone else notice that Stoke had reduced the size of their pitch for when the yids were in town? It was narrower and shorter, you could see the faded lines where it used to be. Not only did this assist their long throw game but gave Bale & Lennon less space to operate in.

It just seems that those scumbags will do anything they can to bend the rules and eek out the tiniest most pathetic advantage possible and bugger equality or the spirit of the game. I know I'm sounding like a whinging gooner but it's true.

Indifference said:
Chris Foy should stick to being a fucking Motivational Speaker.

What a cunt.

So that was the picture he decideded to go with? ....pretty much sums it up.

I did notice that Stoke had repainted the field but I wasn't sure as to what purpose. I assumed they resituated it somewhat, for what I have no idea. It never occurred to me that they might have actually altered the dimensions of the pitch to suit the opponent. Is that even legal?

I woulda thought so, (Geek cap on) the dimensions of a pitch can be from 100 yards to 130 yards in length and 50 yards to 100 yards in width. Don't think you have to submit a dimension at the start of the season and stick to it, could be wrong mind. I have absolute no respect for the cunts but mid table hoofers have to do what they can to compete against better teams.

GodSaveTheKing said:
I woulda thought so, (Geek cap on) the dimensions of a pitch can be from 100 yards to 130 yards in length and 50 yards to 100 yards in width. Don't think you have to submit a dimension at the start of the season and stick to it, could be wrong mind. I have absolute no respect for the cunts but mid table hoofers have to do what they can to compete against better teams.

that can't be right

then you could play in a big square pitch 100 yards long and a 100 yards wide lol

take the geek cap off and put the dunce cap on

Back
Top Bottom