Stoke away - please read the OP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stoke away

Afternoon all,

Firstly, who is going? What do people think the result will be? I'm going for a draw...tough place to go so hopefully a Sandy Parker centre mid with Modders off Adebayor as he can open defences up like no one else

Right, now the football part is out of the way...anyone know anything about Stoke's night life? Me and a couple of mates are staying over on the Saturday in hope of a booze-fueled night on the tiles before the game. What sort of pubs/clubs is there, and what would you recommend?

Cheers

COYS

Confirmed by Harry.

Fucking bollocks were going to lose.

WELL DONE DRWINSTON!!! your post cursed us!!!!

I have no problem with a midfield of parker and sandro away at stoke, with vdv linking up. Tighter in the middle.

:sandro: :parker:

MaynoothSpur said:
--------------Adebayor---------------

--------------------VDV--------------

--Modric---Sandro---Parker---Lennon--

---BAE----King----Kaboul----Walker---

I know we are doing well but I would still put Brad in the team, you never know, they might muster a shot or two on goal....

Dru said:
Pinaar on the left? Or Modders?
Modders - retains the quality and would make us more compact defensively. Less about pace, more about link up play.

I've seen teams underestimate Stoke at home before. Need to keep it tight and counter. We have the ability and skills to do it, just need the temperament and patience.

Not as silky or as beautiful to watch as a fully fit team at home.

But if we come away with three points this weekend, I won't give a fuck how it happened.

WindyCOYS said:
If Bale's out, I'd play Townsend on the left. Like for like.
Redknapp will probably play Modric or Pienaar there.

Really? he's quite head down and run...

Being away from home to a team like Stoke I would rather put Modders there to make us solid as possible. Can always bring the likes of Townsend on..

Dru said:
WindyCOYS said:

Being away from home to a team like Stoke I would rather put Modders there to make us solid as possible. Can always bring the likes of Townsend on..

He is, but I think it'd help keep the shape (and Andy Wilkinson is pretty poor).

WindyCOYS said:
Dru said:
WindyCOYS said:

He is, but I think it'd help keep the shape (and Andy Wilkinson is pretty poor).

Would be good to see him against some Premier League opposition I'd agree..

Based on the Dr Winston blog post which I completely agree with, I should be optimistic, but im not.

I'm going with a draw 1-1... I can just see the old player voodoo coming in and Crouch putting them 1-0 up before we get an equaliser early in the second half, then the game getting closed out by a plucky Stoke side.

either that or we'll smash 'em 6-0

Back
Top Bottom