Stoke away - please read the OP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the one I'm worried about most between Sunderland and Stoke. I just have a bad feeling. I reckon O'neill wont have had enough time to get Sunderland playing how he wants them. But if we win these 2 games we'll be going into the Cheski game on a massive high and if we win that fuuck me we'll be eying up finishing the year unbeaten bar the 2 games we lost on purpose. :nawty:

I'm also more worried about Stoke...

They held Chelsea to a draw there, beat Liverpool, held United to a draw then went on a weird run before winning their last 2 premier league fixtures.

Its gonna be tough.

Didn't Fulham beat Liverpool last night and hold City to a 2-2 draw at Craven Cottage and we beat them 3-1?

Who teams do well against is immaterial when you're the best team in the country right now. Keep the faith.

I hope Ledley is fit to play. Defensively, Stoke have been a bit shoddy this season. So I can see us scoring a couple of goals there.

Stoke at home = Played 7 - Won3 - Drawn2 - Lost2 GD +2.

We have nothing to fear, we should have far too much pace for them which is why I personally would stick with Defoe, plus he always thrives on confidence and Harry knows that better than anyone, he should be rewarded for doing his job and scoring.
I also think his overall work rate has been great this year, 3rd goal he set up against Shamrock in the EL an example of that and he really is defending from the front.

Better for now we get VDV fit and raring to go for Chelsea at home, with it coming a few days after the Sunderland game thats Harry's ideal opportunity to rotate those 2. Be nice if we could rest some other key players for the Sunderland game as well, Xmas period is always a bit hectic so squad needs to come into it more.

Also the Liverpool game that Stoke won, they had 1 shot (a penalty) on target and 3 shots in total, remember watching it on MOTD and it was one way traffic.

Thelonious Filth said:
We've won there the last 2 seasons, we should be winning there.

Sunderland with MON and Chelsea coming back into form are harder games imo.

Sunderland are shit, MON isn't jesus (that's Ledley). We will win that game by a comfortable margin. Stoke will be a lot harder

linnet_spur said:
Thelonious Filth said:

Sunderland are shit, MON isn't jesus (that's Ledley). We will win that game by a comfortable margin. Stoke will be a lot harder
I know he isn't Jesus but with a new manager they might be a different proposition.

Stoke will be a piece of piss. :bae2:

Thelonious Filth said:
linnet_spur said:
Thelonious Filth said:

I know he isn't Jesus but with a new manager they might be a different proposition.

Stoke will be a piece of piss. :bae2:

Stoke scare me, if not for the very least they might injure one of our sexy beasts :vdvcry:

VDV will come back in due to his 'If fit - he starts' clause in his contract followed by his withdrawal on the hour mark, red carpet down the tunnel, jacuzzi filled with bubbles and rose petals and a bevvy of page 3 girls all ready to suck him off.

VDV's agent is a genius.

That aside, law of averages states we surely won't win up there for the third year on the trot - every season I walk out of that shithole thinking 'they'll do us next year'. Add that to our run and it all points to the end of the dream.

Or we'll win 2-1 again, hard to tell :-/

bateseyboy said:
VDV will come back in due to his 'If fit - he starts' clause in his contract followed by his withdrawal on the hour mark, red carpet down the tunnel, jacuzzi filled with bubbles and rose petals and a bevvy of page 3 girls all ready to suck him off.

is this true?

If ever there was a game to play 4-2-3-1 it is surely this one with the twin-beats in midfield!!!

That's how I'd go, very harsh on a couple as Defoe has two goals in two starts back in the side and you'd probably have to sacrifice Lennon for Sandro in that formation which is again very harsh...

But that's where we're at - If we want to make it at the top level i.e. be a "top 3" side that is challenging for titles we have to show some form of tactical flexibility to front up in games like this. I don't like 4-4-2 especially away from home and while it worked against WBA that was mainly due to having Sandro/Parker in the centre imo.

I'd take 4-4-1-1 at a push as vdV drops fairly deep to pick the ball up though he doesn't really contribute defensively (but then neither does Defoe) and that would allow Lennon to stay in the side, which in truth he deserves and probably plays to our strengths rather than worrying too much about Stoke, which is the way it should be to be fair.

Either way we'll win 2-1...so all I've just said is irrelevant really!

drwinston001 said:
bateseyboy said:

is this true?

The bit after his withdraw on an hour is.

I hate Stoke away always a hard ground to go and get 3 points, but then again we have beat them the last two seasons there. Just saw on SSN that Bale and Defoe are a doubt for the game but King could be back.

SadlerTHFC said:
I hate Stoke away always a hard ground to go and get 3 points, but then again we have beat them the last two seasons there. Just saw on SSN that Bale and Defoe are a doubt for the game but King could be back.

what
the
fuck

Back
Top Bottom