Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol at comparing him with Hazard. At 25m he is a steal. Dutch media is now talking about 'a record breaking transfer fee. Currently discussing payment methods'

Record breaking would be 38m+...

Levy would give them Rose + 10mil

Eindhoven isn't #upnorth :roseunsure:

BcQAmlt.png

Lol at comparing him with Hazard. At 25m he is a steal. Dutch media is now talking about 'a record breaking transfer fee. Currently discussing payment methods'

Record breaking would be 38m+...

We've been stung by the Dutch before. I'm reluctant to buy another Dutch player until the Dutch Government and Dutch Football Association send a formal apology for Janssen to the club.

I gotta be honest that I don’t remember Bergwijn playing against us much last season, but that’s probably not a surprise because he didn’t play in the 2-2 game in Eindhoven and he started the 2-1 comeback where they had 25% possession.

I've just done a player comparison using Bergwijn, Traore, Lucas & Son and Bergwijn comes out on top in the following areas:

Assists - 10
Pass success % - 87.7%
Dribbled past per game - 0.4
Key passes per game - 2.8
Offsides per game - 0.1
Average passes per game - 39.1

If we take Traore out of the mix, Bergwijn come see out on top in the following areas this season:

Assists
Passing success %
MOTM awards
Dribbled past per game
Key passes
Fouled
Offside
Rating

It seems he is a younger more assist focused player with better assist numbers & goal contributions collectively, as well as a player who makes more key passes, gets dribbled past less than our previous guys Lucas and Sonny, gets caught offside less and someone who completes more key passes with a higher level of success than we currently have.

It's the Dutch league so caution with it obviously as the step up is huge but at 22 to be out performing our guys, as well as Adama Traore in a lot of vitally important areas looks very promising.

When I did a comparison between Bergwijn and Lucas it made for very interesting reading. Anything offensive and Bergwijn comes out on top, anything defensive and Lucas gets the plaudits. Bergwijn has played his part in 10 more goals than Lucas, has a better passing ratio, literally all lights up green in the offensive areas but when it comes to defensive output he clearly lacks what Lucas has. Interesting to see how varied he is to the guy he'll probably be competing with most.

Based on overall ratings, Bergwijn currently has a better rating this season (7.52) than the likes of Mane (7.51) so he's performing at that kind of level albeit in the Dutch League.

Interesting comparison, I’m guessing they don’t lower the points total based on the quality of the league?

We've been stung by the Dutch before. I'm reluctant to buy another Dutch player until the Dutch Government and Dutch Football Association send a formal apology for Janssen to the club.
Back in those days everyone in Holland was very surprised he made that transfer to Spurs. Must have been the goals he scored the last season at AZ. Still anyone could see he was rubbish.

GLC - 23
Ndombele - 23
Sessegnon - 19
Bergwijn - 22
Clarke - 19
Gedson - 21

Sort of business we should be making. Young, talented and room for development.

Back
Top Bottom