Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bergwijn has won 3 Dutch Eredivisie titles with PSV, that the sort of experience you want ?

And Gedson won Portugese league last year . again, the sort of experience we need ?

Oh yea. Magnificent. Oh all the pressure Bergwijn had from those COMBINED 6 sub appearences during first 2 titles in Netherlands.
Or Gedson being bench player and getting 1000 minutes (~11 full games worth of time) for Benfica in league where they have won it 5 times out of last 6 seasons...

FFS I clearly want this kind of experience, authority and leadership that would allow this player to crab some slaggers by the throat and threat to snap his neck if he does not stop half-assing right away.
I want this kind of experience, authority and leadership that would allow this player to insist calmness to other teammates in situation where things are not going our way and when we are trailing in some important match.
I want this kind of experience, authority and leadership that would allow this player to motivate and inspire teammates around him. Who would never give up nor would let others to do so.

We haven't had such player in years. One of the reasons why we have not win anything.
Kane and Hugo are both bit too soft and friendly. And Poch was afraid of such player... well cause he had not won anything himself ever. But Mourinho should not. I hope he brings in a badass with balls of steel.

Sounds like this guy is trouble, apparently he's kicking up a fuss and refusing to play at PSV.

Do we really want another player like that?

This is part of the problem with football fans they are happy when players act like this at other clubs but when he's a Spurs player and wanting to step up to bigger wages or a bigger club we suddenly change our tune.

Need more solidarity and call out this kind of shit housery for what it is.

giphy.gif

Sounds like this guy is trouble, apparently he's kicking up a fuss and refusing to play at PSV.

Do we really want another player like that?

This is part of the problem with football fans they are happy when players act like this at other clubs but when he's a Spurs player and wanting to step up to bigger wages or a bigger club we suddenly change our tune.

Need more solidarity and call out this kind of shit housery for what it is.

This has been refuted, agree though, don’t like it when players do that.

That's quite a stacked list of left wingers for the future. Jack Clarke, Ryan Sessegnon and this guy. 1 who is bottom championship quality, another one who is overrated and also championship quality and another vincent janssen. Meanwhile Levy has allocated 5-10 million dollars for a target man and 0 for a defensive mid.

That's quite a stacked list of left wingers for the future. Jack Clarke, Ryan Sessegnon and this guy. 1 who is bottom championship quality, another one who is overrated and also championship quality and another vincent janssen. Meanwhile Levy has allocated 5-10 million dollars for a target man and 0 for a defensive mid.

I know that our players have become more experienced over the years, but very few of them have experience of winning something. Basically only Hugo has. And at times we get soft/scared. Or to put it in other way - we don't have a player who would have balls of steel.
i think getting through CL knock outs would provide significant experience...players dug in and we got through with backs up against walls (some luck too no doubt)

Oh yea. Magnificent. Oh all the pressure Bergwijn had from those COMBINED 6 sub appearences during first 2 titles in Netherlands.
Or Gedson being bench player and getting 1000 minutes (~11 full games worth of time) for Benfica in league where they have won it 5 times out of last 6 seasons...

FFS I clearly want this kind of experience, authority and leadership that would allow this player to crab some slaggers by the throat and threat to snap his neck if he does not stop half-assing right away.
I want this kind of experience, authority and leadership that would allow this player to insist calmness to other teammates in situation where things are not going our way and when we are trailing in some important match.
I want this kind of experience, authority and leadership that would allow this player to motivate and inspire teammates around him. Who would never give up nor would let others to do so.

We haven't had such player in years. One of the reasons why we have not win anything.
Kane and Hugo are both bit too soft and friendly. And Poch was afraid of such player... well cause he had not won anything himself ever. But Mourinho should not. I hope he brings in a badass with balls of steel.

Back
Top Bottom