Starting to forget the feeling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, to my point about watching him live. How many games did you attend when modric played. I'm guessing very few given that you live in Sweden

It was very few. I also saw every game of the season. How many live Madrid games have people watched who are saying he's doing brilliantly there I wonder? Fucking LOL

It was very few. I also saw every game of the season. How many live Madrid games have people watched who are saying he's doing brilliantly there I wonder? Fucking LOL

there you have it then. you weren't there so you might not have been able to fully appreciate how good he really was. I pity you for that because I've been supporting spurs since 1993 and he's still one of the best 5 players I have seen in our shirt and it was a pleasure to pay money to see that guy play. If you think he wasn't that great then that's your opinion but I think you'll be waiting a long time to find someone who plays that role that meets your standards fella

i was at that game and he was particularly good that day so it doesn't surprise me that that comes through on a youtube video.

Exactly...watching live doesnt make a player any better. You might not all of his work off the ball, but you can still see his shit shots well enough.

Ive never said Modric was poor anyway, so I have no idea what your "you dont go to games" angle is all about.

there you have it then. you weren't there so you might not have been able to fully appreciate how good he really was. I pity you for that because I've been supporting spurs since 1993 and he's still one of the best 5 players I have seen in our shirt and it was a pleasure to pay money to see that guy play. If you think he wasn't that great then that's your opinion but I think you'll be waiting a long time to find someone who plays that role that meets your standards fella
100% agree. He was different gravy live. I'm not one to say watching games live is better than TV as I think you can see just as much on TV but with Modric it was noticeable. His elegance and close control was so much more impressive live. The best player I've seen live I reckon.

If on TV counts, I try to watch as many as I can. Watched MLS tonight for a rarity to see JD's debut too.

Is there a reason why some of you are negative about him? Granted we all like our own different players, but he's one of the best in the business in what he does (which is not the same type of player as Bale, or Gascoigne)

I think he was a superb player.

I also know for a fact we didnt struggle when he was injured for three months, as we was able to juggle the team and our tactics to cope, and we had a great vibe at the club.

Unlike the start of the season he refused to play at first, which Redknapp said has caused an awful pre season atmosphere. I think that had as much to with our poor start as much as Modric not playing pre se.

People trying to tell me who the fuck I can and cant criticise....? Fuck that.

I said he was a massively important player. I also pointed out his faults.

Its called balance

No, I mean you said Jimmy was wrong for saying

Luka modric was one of the most technically brilliant players we have had at the club for 20 years and from his second season onwards was the heartbeat of the best football we've played since I started supporting spurs in the early 90s. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly never watched him live.

He was, and is, a brilliant little guy with the ball at his feet - you don't get the perspective of how brilliant a pass can be on TV, so I understand Jimmy's point, yet don't get how he could be flat out called wrong?

Desperate tonight are'nt we boys?

Ive got a cute little Swedish bird coming over for a booty call. Would love to stay and chat but.....no....no. I wouldnt.

Wish me luck.

Enjoy the internet.

What I never understand about the board's outwardly negative posters is this : If you confront, they will go mad and rant for several contradictory pages. If you ask a decent, straightforward and serious question of what drives the statement, it gets ignored...?

What I never understand about the board's outwardly negative posters is this : If you confront, they will go mad and rant for several contradictory pages. If you ask a decent, straightforward and serious question of what drives the statement, it gets ignored...?

I just had a nice breakfast after a good, but bumpy night.

Now, back to you knob heads..

Outwardly negative? No, people like you just get offended when someone criticises a player or manager that you personally like.

If I was to slate Sherwood, Naughton, Defoe, Bentaleb, Lennon, Dawson, Brad and Townsend, that would be ok.

I just had a nice breakfast after a good, but bumpy night.

Now, back to you knob heads..

Outwardly negative? No, people like you just get offended when someone criticises a player or manager that you personally like.

If I was to slate Sherwood, Naughton, Defoe, Bentaleb, Lennon, Dawson, Brad and Townsend, that would be ok.

Nope, if you pay attention to my posts I defend all of the people on that list. I seem to have been one of the only ones to defend Kyle N after the benfica game, defended Defoe & his performance this season against the Gibbs agenda (and Lennon & Townsend, see Dembele thread or go back a few pages) and Brad is perhaps one of my favourite players. We have the occasional joke on here about Townsend's shooting, but it never forms part of any serious criticism.

Sherwood & Bentaleb are very status quo, but I've never been shy to say that Bentaleb does very well and has a lot of potential, and my criticism of Sherwood was him being a fanny in front of the cameras. He changed, and I've stuck by my word and praised him.

As I've said again, why are people extremists on here. It's all absolutes like yes/no, shit/amazing, sell/buy....

Back
Top Bottom