Staggered if we beat Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from league position, games won, goals scored , goals conceded, quality of squad...

(Yeah we'll probably lose)
Newcastle despite been winless and second from bottom have scored 8 league goals, 2 more than us. That’s a bit sobering really. Maybe we need Steve Bruce as our next manager.

Newcastle despite been winless and second from bottom have scored 8 league goals, 2 more than us. That’s a bit sobering really. Maybe we need Steve Bruce as our next manager.

Actually says quite a lot.

Stats of course only usually provide a bit of a picture but hard to create a diagram of attacking potency with thst detail.

Well if we have scored 2 more goals than them afrer 8 games by Sunday evening I will be happy.

castle UnitedL1-2Premier League
15 May 2016Newcastle United v Tottenham HotspurL5-1Premier League
13 Aug 2017Newcastle United v Tottenham HotspurW0-2Premier League
09 May 2018Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle UnitedW1-0Premier League
11 Aug 2018Newcastle United v Tottenham HotspurW1-2Premier League
02 Feb 2019Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle UnitedW1-0Premier League
25 Aug 2019Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle UnitedL0-1Premier League
15 Jul 2020Newcastle United v Tottenham HotspurW1-3Premier League
27 Sep 2020Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle UnitedD1-1Premier League
04 Apr 2021Newcastle United v Tottenham HotspurD2-2Premier League
our last ten meetings won 5 lost 3, 2 draws

But they will be leaving regardless, you think the richest club in the world will keep Matt Ritchie just because he played well against spurs? No chance, and the players know that
They're not going to roll over and lie down. I think it's going to be a good game.

We did have our best performance of the season so far in the previous game. No reason why we cant win against the 19th team. Newcs will be pumped up, but they still havent got the quality. We should be fine.
Exactly. If we lost to Newcastle it would be telling but I don't see that happening. These are the games you expect three points out of. Newcastle is still Newcastle and Spurs players are simply better. I could see the game being a draw if Nuno pulls them back into a shell. He's not a top level manager but I don't think he's going to let this one get away.

New owner bounce. Crowd right up for it. Players playing for their careers. Spurs bang average. Newcastle win all day long. 2-1 Toon
I know where you're coming from .....we bought Ruel Fox and Sissoko based on good games against us....
Then again, we also got Waddle & Gazza off them for a snip...

So I make that 2-2... Which, under the annoying Spursy/Dr. Tottenham circumstances, I'd take right now!

I expect him to play more or less the same side as against Villa. Our away form is woeful however and it's hard to see us creating much. Maybe we can get our noses in front but I can see us retreating second half (we run less than any team in the EPL) and getting done from a cross or set piece.

If we were playing 2 weeks ago I would have said we would have been favourites to win, despite the way we have been performing.

Since then and well yes. Bruce now has his 1000th game, their best players are fit and no doubt will all be busting the proverbial gut.

Most Newcastle players who start tomorrow won't start a game in the Black and White in 2 year's time.

As I said if we win later today we would have had to play the best we have all season so far.

If Kane and Ndombele start and don't give 8 out of 10 plus performances we will lose. Even if they do it might not be enough.

Let's hope any Newcastle revival and their dirty PL legitimised money starts from October 18th.

If we were playing 2 weeks ago I would have said we would have been favourites to win, despite the way we have been performing.

Since then and well yes. Bruce now has his 1000th game, their best players are fit and no doubt will all be busting the proverbial gut.

Most Newcastle players who start tomorrow won't start a game in the Black and White in 2 year's time.

As I said if we win later today we would have had to play the best we have all season so far.

If Kane and Ndombele start and don't give 8 out of 10 plus performances we will lose. Even if they do it might not be enough.

Let's hope any Newcastle revival and their dirty PL legitimised money starts from October 18th.
Kane will score a penalty or tap in

Then people will say he's world class again

Don't worry

Kane will score a penalty or tap in

Then people will say he's world class again

Don't worry

No one will say that at present, not even the Kaneboys but if truth be told, I don't care how and if Kane scores as long as we win.

The Kane discussion completely detracts from the infinitely more important picture of where this club is going.

Just because the attention has momentarily gone from Santo to Soljskaer may be temporary if we capitulate today in what is bound to be a febrile atmosphere.

Win this one and we move to a very respectable 5th or 6th.

Today is 100% a test in every respect and although we have the better players, some of whom have actually got s fair bit to prove, I can't get past excuses being made by 18:30.

We shall soon see.

Back
Top Bottom