Staggered if we beat Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet Saint-Maximin has a blinder.

But he's really their only threat, they are shite and new ownership doesn't change that. We have to go there and play on the front foot apart from ASM there is nothing to fear from this Newcastle team.

Tbf Bergwijn missed a sitter to put us 2 nil up....🤷‍♂️
He did. And we had one or 2 others to be fair.
But the idea we played well to stop City having chances is somewhat wrong. They had plenty and, had they not been a bit sloppy around the box, they would have had a lot more.
On the other hand, it was a better game to watch than the Wolves one. I only managed to unclench from that one last week.

He did. And we had one or 2 others to be fair.
But the idea we played well to stop City having chances is somewhat wrong. They had plenty and, had they not been a bit sloppy around the box, they would have had a lot more.
On the other hand, it was a better game to watch than the Wolves one. I only managed to unclench from that one last week.
It's the best we've played all season considering the opposition. More movement than Kane being in there.

Their squad is shite, and are now playing with the added pressure of most probably being sold at the earliest opportunity and replaced with a mercenary

They have absolutely no reason to play for the shirt and I’m very confident we’ll beat them comfortably
I would think that considering what's at stake, they will be extremely motivated. Who wants to leave a team with incredibly wealthy backers? They'll play to win. It's up to us to play better than them. 1-2.

It's the best we've played all season considering the opposition. More movement than Kane being in there.
But was it really Man City?
In their starting 11, they had no Walker, no Stones, no KDB, no Jesus, no Laporte, no Rodir, no Bernado Silva,
I doubt they have played again this season without all those players involved more.

I would think that considering what's at stake, they will be extremely motivated. Who wants to leave a team with incredibly wealthy backers? They'll play to win. It's up to us to play better than them. 1-2.
But they will be leaving regardless, you think the richest club in the world will keep Matt Ritchie just because he played well against spurs? No chance, and the players know that

The thing is: the fans will be 101% up for it. The players...

...gonna bye-bye for some of them soon so maybe they're going to need extra toilet paper.

We are shit, they are still worse. They're yet to get a win all season and couldn't even beat a Watford team who have already sacked their manager. I wouldn't bet on us winning because we're prone to being a total mess at times, but we should still probably be fine. They're crap. 2-3 players who are decent at best, and the rest of them are championship fodder.

What I can almost guarantee is even if we win it won't be convincing, and we won't be playing enjoyable football. That's always a given.
Yet to win all season you say?

Except we weren't in our last game, far from it.
Because the utter toxic shitbags that’s have killed us for three years were away at arms length. If the Argie’s and Royal are back, I will be confident. If they aren’t then I will be backing us not to win

Last edited:
Because the utter toxic shitbags that’s have killed us for three years were away at arms length. If the Argie’s and Romero are back, I will be confident. If they aren’t then I will be backing us not to win
....and Romero... ?? he's Argentinian too!!!

(....and if you must, it's Argies not Argie's!!)

The thing is: the fans will be 101% up for it. The players...

...gonna bye-bye for some of them soon so maybe they're going to need extra toilet paper.
Exactly. They will know they're shit and will be soon pushed out to any old dross that will have them, with no concern about costs.

Back
Top Bottom