Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FT: 4-0 Spurs u21s

Lankshear gets the third (Donley assist)
Soonsup-Bell gets the fourth (Robson assist)

Back top of the table after Fulham played yesterday

15 for, 1 against in 4 games so far...

U21 Record (5Game)

Donley : 2 Goals 6 Assists
Santiago : 5 Goals 1Assists
Soonsup-Bell : 4 Goals 2Assists
Lankshear : 3 Goals
Ajayj : 1 Goal 1 Assist
Kyerematen : 1 Goal
John : 1 Goal
White : 1 Goal
Andiyapan : 1 Assist
Dorrington : 1 Assist
Robson : 1 Assist

U18 Record (3Game)

Moore : 2 Goals 2 Assists
Akhamrich : 1 Goal 1 Assist
Olusesi : 1 Goal 1Assist
Irow : 1 Goal
Rowswell : 1 Goal
Hall : 1 Assist

View: https://twitter.com/thfcreportAcad/status/1698318244107460934?s=20

....... and we finished 2nd bottom in u21 league and due to be relegated last season.

Yes the players have changed a bit (and in first half of last season we were short of forwards) but what a delightful change

It's curious that this has been achieved without a DoF in place.

I've seen a couple of U21 games and they look like they're on the same page as the 1st team. I'm guessing the U18s are as well?

In Spain that's seen as a key part of the DoF's remit - ensuring a common philosophy at all levels, even the yootdem

It's curious that this has been achieved without a DoF in place.

I've seen a couple of U21 games and they look like they're on the same page as the 1st team. I'm guessing the U18s are as well?

In Spain that's seen as a key part of the DoF's remit - ensuring a common philosophy at all levels, even the yootdem

Paratici did 'bits' with the academy when he was here - it maybe he left instructions with a couple of his appointees who are still here that this coming season all the youth teams should be adopting same playing style as first team. It maybe the youth coaches joined in sessions with first team coaches being appointed to learn how Ange intended the first team play (plus they might have had videos of some Celtic matches)

But however it was done, its been a remarkably efficient transformation to Angeball, players and coaches seem to be all up for it and its impressive to watch - both u21's and u18's.

Its also been great to see that we have a lot of players who look good playing that way in u21's who are close enough to think about first team opportunities - difficult to put them in order but Devine, Donley, Dorrington, Phillips would probably be in tier 1 whilst Soonsup-Bell, Lankshear, Santiago perhaps in Tier 2 with quite a few others not far behind including Kyerematen, Craig, Ajayi et al.

I'd like to think in the International break that a number of the youngsters would train with remaining first team players still at Spurs - and Ange who was Australian u20 coach for about 7 years might be just the man to re-establish a route between Spurs youth and Spurs First Team.

Back
Top Bottom