Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Samual Archer and Charlie Warren are the goalkeepers in this year’s intake, joined by defenders Timileyin Adekunle, Theodore Adelusi, Roman Egan-Riley, Calum Logan and Dante Orr.

Further up the pitch, Herbie James, Callum Olusesi and Mikey Moore are the midfielders in the group, along with centre-forward Ellis Lehane.

Yaya Toure names the two Tottenham wonderkids to watch out for in the future

"Yeah, definitely. Mikey Moore and Callum Olusesi are top grade U16s, they are really good and most of the time they were playing with the 18s," Toure said in an interview with PA Sport. "A few weeks before I left I heard they signed with Tottenham again and that is brilliant news.

"Keep the talent at home and make sure they develop again under the right coaches. I think coaches like Stuart [Lewis], Brad [Allen] and Chris Ramsay they know what those kids need to develop more. In a few years I think Tottenham can be back with the academy in the same way Woolwich did with Saka and Smith-Rowe. That is the plan and the vision."

"Tottenham did not stand in my way and they let me go and I think that was brilliant," he said. "I would love to carry on in Tottenham [one day] because my belief and development was to try to work with the grown men.

"If the opportunity to go back was there then why not, because what Tottenham did for me was incredible, they allowed me to work there and develop as a coach and for what they did for me I will never be able to thank them enough.

"They opened the door for me and allowed me to express myself in the right manner and do the things I wanted to do. That is a real positive for me. Of course at the end of the day I move on but Tottenham is always going to be a great club and one that will always mean something to me."

Yaya Toure names the two Tottenham wonderkids to watch out for in the future

"Yeah, definitely. Mikey Moore and Callum Olusesi are top grade U16s, they are really good and most of the time they were playing with the 18s," Toure said in an interview with PA Sport. "A few weeks before I left I heard they signed with Tottenham again and that is brilliant news.

"Keep the talent at home and make sure they develop again under the right coaches. I think coaches like Stuart [Lewis], Brad [Allen] and Chris Ramsay they know what those kids need to develop more. In a few years I think Tottenham can be back with the academy in the same way Woolwich did with Saka and Smith-Rowe. That is the plan and the vision."

"Tottenham did not stand in my way and they let me go and I think that was brilliant," he said. "I would love to carry on in Tottenham [one day] because my belief and development was to try to work with the grown men.

"If the opportunity to go back was there then why not, because what Tottenham did for me was incredible, they allowed me to work there and develop as a coach and for what they did for me I will never be able to thank them enough.

"They opened the door for me and allowed me to express myself in the right manner and do the things I wanted to do. That is a real positive for me. Of course at the end of the day I move on but Tottenham is always going to be a great club and one that will always mean something to me."

Strange he mentions Chris Ramsey as an influential youth coach as he moved to QPR almost 10 years ago now - love to have him back, although having appointed Simon Davies as academy head makes that unlikely ?

Re the Shanghai Future Stars Cup - I'd guess the squad for it will be a mix of he squad which won the u15 Valley Cup a month ago with maybe a few from the recently announced First Year Academy line up.

The Valley Cup squad was :

Gk's - Blake Irow, Micah Haley

Defenders- Malachi Hardy, Junai Byfield, Finlay Barnard, Rio Bromfield, Ezra Agyekum, Harry Webb

Midfielders- Tyler Tingey, Cameron Thomas, Yeremie Ouattara

Attackers- Tynan Thompson, Riley, Indiana Pedder, Luca Williams - Barnett

Re the Shanghai Future Stars Cup - I'd guess the squad for it will be a mix of he squad which won the u15 Valley Cup a month ago with maybe a few from the recently announced First Year Academy line up.

The Valley Cup squad was :

Gk's - Blake Irow, Micah Haley

Defenders- Malachi Hardy, Junai Byfield, Finlay Barnard, Rio Bromfield, Ezra Agyekum, Harry Webb

Midfielders- Tyler Tingey, Cameron Thomas, Yeremie Ouattara

Attackers- Tynan Thompson, Riley, Indiana Pedder, Luca Williams - Barnett
is indiana pedder rafferty's brother?

Where would Nile John fit into Ange's 433?

I think White would do well at leftback tucking in

Nile John as a CM, able to dribble forward and attack. Might need coaching on defensive duties.

Harvey White can play LB, and has a wand of a left foot to deliver a cross. He sees himself very much as a cm - and no longer as left footed as he once was, saw a great cross from the right hand side of the penalty box from him last season. Versatile player who can fill in at a few positions which can be very useful

Back
Top Bottom