Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah went to Palace after we released him last summer. 9 goal contributions this season for Palace u21s so far, got none for our u21s last year.
Was an outstanding prospect for a time, scoring a hat-trick against Chelsea U18’s in a 6-1 win early 2021 but never recovered his form after an ACL sadly.

Villa u21s are 1-0 up in their game so will be our opponents as it stands. If they draw or lose we face Saints

Spurs u21's (1st) v Villa (16th) in our first play off match

Other Playoff Matches :
Wham (2nd) v Blackburn (15th)
Fulham v Notts Forest
Chelsea v Brighton
Woolwich v ManU
Reading v Middlesborough
Sunderland v Wolves
Liverpool (8th) v Palace (9th)

Spurs u21's (1st) v Villa (16th) in our first play off match

Other Playoff Matches :
Wham (2nd) v Blackburn (15th)
Fulham v Notts Forest
Chelsea v Brighton
Woolwich v ManU
Reading v Middlesborough
Sunderland v Wolves
Liverpool (8th) v Palace (9th)
Already beaten Villa u21s twice this season. Won 5-3 in the league in Jan and then beat them 3-1 to knock them out of the PL Cup (where Santiago destroyed their RB).

Already beaten Villa u21s twice this season. Won 5-3 in the league in Jan and then beat them 3-1 to knock them out of the PL Cup (where Santiago destroyed their RB).

We've played 20 of the 26 PL2 sides once in PL2, winning 14, and other than tonight's dead rubber the only other loss to an u21 side was Everton u21's (who didn't make the play offs), and otherwise beat 14 of the u21 sides and drawing with 4 teams - Wham, Woolwich, ManU and Reading (I think they played a few over age players due to Reading's financial issues).

That means we shouldn't be facing too many teams which have given us a major problem so far this season - so providing we don't take success for granted, we should do ok.

We've played 20 of the 26 PL2 sides once in PL2, winning 14, and other than tonight's dead rubber the only other loss to an u21 side was Everton u21's (who didn't make the play offs), and otherwise beat 14 of the u21 sides and drawing with 4 teams - Wham, Woolwich, ManU and Reading (I think they played a few over age players due to Reading's financial issues).

That means we shouldn't be facing too many teams which have given us a major problem so far this season - so providing we don't take success for granted, we should do ok.
I think Liverpool, Brighton and Forest are the only ones we've not played this season left in and we play Forest u21s in the cup on Thursday. Be interesting to see how strong teams go in the knockouts because you'll have players returning from lower league loans but also potentially u21s involved in dead rubber end of season games.

I think Liverpool, Brighton and Forest are the only ones we've not played this season left in and we play Forest u21s in the cup on Thursday. Be interesting to see how strong teams go in the knockouts because you'll have players returning from lower league loans but also potentially u21s involved in dead rubber end of season games.

I'd think clubs will go strong in play offs.

Play offs won't begin until next week I assume, so from Spurs point of view Ashley Phillips will be back from Plymouth and would certainly strengthen our CB position by pairing up with Dorrington, its an area we are otherwise weak in. And whilst we are stronger in central midfield I suspect that a CM3 of Devine, Hall and Donley would certainly be an upgrade with an option of having Craig involved in either starting line up or on bench.

Its the kind of situation where you'd hope PL2 would offer advise or encourage the 2 coaches to talk before the matches to agree whether loanees could be included or not - on the other hand the rules do permit 3 over age players, so even first team players could be included without considering loanees (I think when we played Reading u21's they did play a few first team players as due to financial constraints their u21 team was not strong)

I'd think clubs will go strong in play offs.

Play offs won't begin until next week I assume, so from Spurs point of view Ashley Phillips will be back from Plymouth and would certainly strengthen our CB position by pairing up with Dorrington, its an area we are otherwise weak in. And whilst we are stronger in central midfield I suspect that a CM3 of Devine, Hall and Donley would certainly be an upgrade with an option of having Craig involved in either starting line up or on bench.

Its the kind of situation where you'd hope PL2 would offer advise or encourage the 2 coaches to talk before the matches to agree whether loanees could be included or not - on the other hand the rules do permit 3 over age players, so even first team players could be included without considering loanees (I think when we played Reading u21's they did play a few first team players as due to financial constraints their u21 team was not strong)
Was wondering about the keeper situation yesterday. I think Keeley will be the first one back since Barnet got knocked out the play-offs and was first choice for the first half of the season. I'd say, despite conceding 5 yesterday, Gunter's been in pretty decent form recently and made some really good saves so might be a bit harsh to drop him. Maybe go one in the cup and one in the league?

U21 Play Offs confirmed

Last 16 (3-6 May)​

Match 1: Spurs v Aston Villa
Match 2: Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Match 3: Woolwich v Man Utd
Match 4: Chelsea v Brighton
Match 5: Reading v Middlesbrough
Match 6: Fulham v Nott'm Forest
Match 7: Sunderland v Wolves
Match 8: West Ham v Blackburn Rovers

Quarter-finals (10-13 May)​

Match 9: Winner 1 v Winner 2 (ie Winner of Match 1 v Winner of Match 2 etc)
Match 10: Winner 3 v Winner 4
Match 11: Winner 5 v Winner 6
Match 12: Winner 7 v Winner 8

Semi-finals (17-20 May)​

Match 13: Winner 9 v Winner 10
Match 14: Winner 11 v Winner 12

Final (24-27 May)​

Winner 13 v Winner 14

The higher-placed team having home advantage in all the one-legged ties throughout playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom