Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Abbott is playing so inverted that we're basically playing with no right back and 2 DMs and it's making it a bit harder to play out from the back with less width on one side. Middle very compact.

Would anyone bet against us seeing a first team midfield of Sarr, Hall and Donley at some point?

Possibly. Donley is an interesting one for me, reminds me of Kane in that he is so smart on the ball but perhaps not physically explosive, I think he is a great talent but I do wonder if he might need a bit of extra time to adapt to the intensity of the Prem. Then you have Hall who is similar to Bissouma in how he plays, electric baller but very young. Give it 1-2 years and hopefully one of them will be in.

Moore is the one I am most excited for, our U18’s don’t look the same when he isn’t around, just looks technically superior to everyone he plays against.

Cassanova had struggled playing quickly out from the back today, would maybe change the back 2 to Abbott and Ashcroft and bring on McKnight at RB for Cassanova.
Weird game. Everton seemed to have us completely sussed and looked like scoring every attack.
You can have great players but a great team is more important.

Weird game. Everton seemed to have us completely sussed and looked like scoring every attack.
You can have great players but a great team is more important.
Actually, great players are far more important than a great team at age group football.
A great team might have no future first team players. 2 or 3 great players have every chance of becoming first team players.
Donley, Tyreese Hall and. Mikey Moore are the standouts for us, but you never can tell.

Actually, great players are far more important than a great team at age group football.
A great team might have no future first team players. 2 or 3 great players have every chance of becoming first team players.
Donley, Tyreese Hall and. Mikey Moore are the standouts for us, but you never can tell.
With kids you are obviously looking at one player in a hundred good enough to play for THFC 1st team.
But generally speaking a good team needs 11 reliable players and if you get a couple of iffy players like today it doesn't matter how good the other 9 are.

Back
Top Bottom