Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, bit late I know, but I was fucking impressed by Tanganga last week. Looked extremely smooth. Would like to see him get some more game time now.

Looked very good in pre season - think he played 45 mins in each of 4 games and looked as good as anyone else.

Question is now we are out of League Cup are there any matches before the FA cup that Poch will give any of the youngsters a run out - even Skipp has only played in the Colchester match despite looking excellent and better than last season in the preseason matches.

Missed most of the match - are you happy to pencil a sentence or two on how all the players looked in this match ?
GK made a couple of saves but doesn't look confident. Lusala and Mark did very well-both subbed off. White passing not usual standard 1st half but 2nd half set plays great and from open play a great pass deserved a goal IMO. TOB invisible, Maghoma decision making poor. Troy didn't get the ball much-passing meh.
Richards took goal well but that's it. Bowden better 2nd half. Eyoma slow for 1st goal. Binks just slow but decent passer. He should have done better with 3 open headers.
Etete is powerful won a lot of challenges - not sure he and Troy can play together. Poch one decent cross but didn't look up to it.
Cirkin could not have picked a worse game return from injury. Gunther was unstoppable.

Missed most of the match - are you happy to pencil a sentence or two on how all the players looked in this match ?

Oluwayemi: made a couple of errors but also made two decent saves.
Lusala: couple of poor passes but was happy to get the ball down and come inside and play-make when others were content to just knock it back to the CBs. Impressed.
Eyoma: concerned about his poor form; he looks error-prone and shaky.
Binks: pinged a couple of nice diagonals early on but then later a couple went straight into touch. Got outpaced by Gunter a couple of times and was basically made to look slow on the turn.
White: struggled at left-back, unable to progress the ball.
Bowden: worst I've seen him play - very sloppy passing, got himself a yellow, constantly played safe back to the CBs or lost the ball.
Maghoma: bad decisions most of the time. Starting position is way too high.
Oakley-Boothe: totally anonymous. As above, starting position too high leading to a midfield disconnect.
Markanday: had some skilful and bright moments but final ball lacking.
Richards: largely anonymous aside from a well taken goal.
Parrott: achieved very little but had very little to work with. Always busy pressing and harrying.

Cirkin: looked rusty but immediately added a bit more balance.
Walcott: not a great showing.
Etete: we went long ball a lot when he came on and he won a fair bit and was a nuisance.
Pochettino: less said the better.

Oluwayemi: made a couple of errors but also made two decent saves.
Lusala: couple of poor passes but was happy to get the ball down and come inside and play-make when others were content to just knock it back to the CBs. Impressed.
Eyoma: concerned about his poor form; he looks error-prone and shaky.
Binks: pinged a couple of nice diagonals early on but then later a couple went straight into touch. Got outpaced by Gunter a couple of times and was basically made to look slow on the turn.
White: struggled at left-back, unable to progress the ball.
Bowden: worst I've seen him play - very sloppy passing, got himself a yellow, constantly played safe back to the CBs or lost the ball.
Maghoma: bad decisions most of the time. Starting position is way too high.
Oakley-Boothe: totally anonymous. As above, starting position too high leading to a midfield disconnect.
Markanday: had some skilful and bright moments but final ball lacking.
Richards: largely anonymous aside from a well taken goal.
Parrott: achieved very little but had very little to work with. Always busy pressing and harrying.

Cirkin: looked rusty but immediately added a bit more balance.
Walcott: not a great showing.
Etete: we went long ball a lot when he came on and he won a fair bit and was a nuisance.
Pochettino: less said the better.

Is Paris going to come good? I remember seeing some of his tape a couple years ago and he seemed super silky. Kind of reminded me of Josh O. He seems to have stagnated after reading a lot of these reports.

Is Paris going to come good? I remember seeing some of his tape a couple years ago and he seemed super silky. Kind of reminded me of Josh O. He seems to have stagnated after reading a lot of these reports.

I watched the game. The only ones that impressed me enough to take note were Troy Parrott, Harvey White and Dennis Cirkin. The others I don't see enough in them to think they have a chance with us. Markanday looks a tidy player but those Bayern kids were a different level, much like the senior team were tonight.

I watched the game. The only ones that impressed me enough to take note were Troy Parrott, Harvey White and Dennis Cirkin. The others I don't see enough in them to think they have a chance with us. Markanday looks a tidy player but those Bayern kids were a different level, much like the senior team were tonight.

No real surprise to me, might add Binks in there - Lusala's first match at this kind of level and looked ok but not making any judgement until we've seen a lot more of him.

Etete still new to Spurs after joining in the summer again too soon to make a judgement.

Bowden seems much poorer than last season, hoping that's a blip he can come out of. Same could be said of Eyoma - looked decent in preseason 2018 matches. But we were saying the same thing of Oakley-Boothe a year ago and the u17 WC winner and go to midfielder in that team just hasn't got back up to his former level.

But that's not a lot of players who might be considered as 'possibles' to break through to the first team, especially bearing in mind that even at this point the odds are probably only say 1 in 3 will make it.

So its either we need to improve our recruitment to get in better players or improve the coaching/development of the players (which includes for me getting appropriate loans for players etc). We just cannot stay as we are.

Clarke unused sub for Leeds last night.
CCV got another 90 mins but Stoke lost 1-0 at home and have now 2 points from 10 games.
Amos not in the squad tonight-assume still injured.

Last edited:

Brandon Austin (GK) with his first E u21 calll up - must admit I hadn't seen that coming, must have impressed coaches with E u20 squad - joining Oliver Skipp who gets his 2nd call up

Brandon Austin (GK) with his first E u21 calll up - must admit I hadn't seen that coming, must have impressed coaches with E u20 squad - joining Oliver Skipp who gets his 2nd call up

Last game Austin played I saw him have a howler and he let 4 goals in for the u23s , I think this goes to show that England call ups are not always based on ability , and a lot to do with influences that bigger clubs like spurs actually have . Same with Skipp there are probably more deserving players at this moment in time who deserve to be on the list . I’m not at all saying neither is going to make it , I’m just saying neither really deserve to be on the list at this particular time .

Last edited:

Strange that the coaches refer to Yago Santiago by his patronym Alonso, but OS does not mention that name ! Probably will confuse a number of youth watchers ! He makes the bench again

Meanwhile, its good to see that Cirkin is considered ft enough to start, and even better news is seeing that J'Neil Lloyd Bennett is back from injury and makes the bench.

Good to see u16 striker Dane Scarlett is staying with the u18 squad, has also had a few England youth call ups and seems highly regarded

Onomah came on 87 for Fulham today.

CLARKE SeasonLEEDS (C)bench
AMOS SeasonQPR (C)injured
CCV SeasonSTOKE (C)starts
GEORGIOU (til Jan)IPSWICH (L1)bench
STERLING SeasonDONCASTER (L1)Injured?
MARSH (til Jan)ORIENT (L2)bench
ROLES (til Jan)CAMBRIDGE (L2)starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom