Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irony eh...

Maybe everyone will believe us now when we say playing the kids couldn't be any worse eh....?

Think 5 of the Cambridge team who played u21's also played Spurs first team.

I'd suggest that the u23's could have been strengthened by playing Cirkin (LB) and Bennett (winger/striker) both of whom are just coming back from injury so the u23 match was probably a couple of weeks too early for them, plus adding Parrott and Tanganga (but he hasn't played for u23's this season that I can recall).

But a decent result for u23's.

They pegged Dermi Lusala as the one to watch at the club. This is the first time I have heard of him. Spursidol Spursidol WindyCOYS WindyCOYS what are your thoughts?

He's a first year Academy player and although he made an appearance or two last season, we've only had a relatively small number of appearances from him this season to make a judgement on him.

That said, he played in the UEFA Youth League u19 match about a week ago (I think the only first of his year group) and had decent reviews from playing both with and against players typically 2 years older than him, and he's also looked decent in a few u18 matches this season, so its fair to say that he is one of the better players in First Year Academy, and I think plays both RB and as a CB and capped in England youth squads,

IMO any review of First Team Academy players in the first 6 - 9 months of their season will prove to be pretty unreliable as a guide to the future, as its just such a big step from being a school kid training at weekends and a couple of evenings to becoming a full time academy scholar, and the lads will adjust to that at different rates. Plus its the first time the players will have had much public scrutiny (we see very little of players before Academy Year 1).

Worth also saying that as with any newspaper picking 20 players at this age as 'the best at their club' its likely that only maybe 20% - 25% or so will ever play any PL matches. So far too early to be sure how good he may become.

I'm very new to this website and thread because im looking for anyone who follows and loves Tottenham around my region (Asia). Hello everyone!

All new posters always welcome - just a thought but have you looked at Spurs official local supporters clubs in Asia, some 20+ on the link above,

Worth also saying that as with any newspaper picking 20 players at this age as 'the best at their club' its likely that only maybe 20% - 25% or so will ever play any PL matches. So far too early to be sure how good he may become.

They've been doing reviews of past years' predictions. Generally 1 of the 20 makes it towards the top of the game. Most end up in the Championship or lower and a few aren't even professionals within 4 years.

Pushed in throat by Kean who got sent off. Second yellow for Troy who took a few seconds to decide to fall dramatically to the floor. Thought he was above that sort of behaviour. Pathetic really.

Really young u18 team to face Woolwic. Full debuts for Lo Tutula and Alonso ( Yago De Santiago Alonso) captained by Etete ( debut as captain by striker who joined from Notts County. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom