Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Glover is off to Swedish top flight side Helsingborg on a loan until June 30th.

Helsingborg are short a goalkeeper until the summer at least because their first choice keeper ended up landing badly neck first in the last game of the previous season. So he is out with neck issues until July at least.

Last edited:

Japhet Tangana has also changed agent. Like a number of youngsters the E u19 CB contract expires at the end of June this year with no rumours so far of a new contract. With the new agent I'd guess he's looking at Italy ?

Sunderland AFC‏Verified account
@ksterling_98 BAGS HIS FIRST SENIOR GOAL TO MAKE IT 3-0 TO THE LADS!!

Been a bit of a waste of a loan so far - but this maybe the redeeming feature ?

He's made 3 sub appearances so far - one for 30 minutes, another for 2 minutes and this one where he scored a goal for 20 minutes. Hope he gets a start or two on the basis of his goal ?!

Last edited:

We have a very gifted First Year Academy intake this year including. in addition to Harvey White, Troy Parrott (striker), J'Neil Lloyd-Bennett (winger) , Dennis Cirkin (Left back) and Luis Binks (CB) probably being the pick of the bunch.

Parrrott is fit again ! Patterson also back which is good news. Good to see Cooper and Thorpe getting relatively rare game time which has to be good for their development with Rafferty Pedder getting bench time

On the bench is Spurs u16 Marques Muir (CB) for the first time - @Windy (and quite a few other youth watchers to be fair) was convinced he'd been released a couple of months ago ! Spurs u16's Matthew Craig and Tarrelle Whitaker also has another opportunity from the bench.

Last edited:
6 - GOAL! Thorpe wins possession high up the pitch, peels off to the left and crosses for Parrott to score at the near post

35 - PENALTY, GOAL! Cooper bundled over in the box, Parrott scores from the spot to double our U18s’ lead

51 - Penalty and goal for @AVFCOfficial. Oluwayemi adjudged to have committed a foul in the box, Odutayo scores from the spot

Makes it 2-1 to Spurs u18's away at Villa

57 - GOAL! Cooper weaves in from the left and picks out Pochettino on the far side, who pulls the ball down and finishes well from the angle inside the box.

3-1 to Spurs u18's v Villa

It'll be interesting to see the squad we send over. The rules on age eligibility vary a little between tournaments (eg from being under 17 at the start of the tournament to being u17 on 1 January 2019), but the squad is likely to be from Academy Year 1 and Spurs u16's

Some of Spurs Acdemy Year 1 are already established u18 players who have a few appearances in Spurs u23's to their name this season including LB Dennis Cirkin, CB Malachi Walcott, CB Luis Binks, DM Harvey White, winger J'Neill Lloyd-Bennett and striker Troy Parrott and this tournament is really already too 'easy ' for them, so whilst 2 or 3 might go to provide some experience, I'd expect the Year 1 players to go would be ones who have a few u18 appearances to their name but no u23 appearances such as
GK Kacper Kurylowicz, CM Rafferty Pedder, AM Chay Cooper, and Striker Enoch Asante.

So with such a small number likely from Academy Year 1, its likely we'll finally see some more of our u16's as only striker Tarrelle Whitaker has yet made his u18 debut (in previous years at least half the u16 intake would have made their u18 debut by now).

So my guesses as to who the other u16's will be (many of whom will be in the ABN Amro Future squad) are :
Timothee Lo'Totula (GK)
Tobi Oluwayemi GK)
Kallum Cesay (RB/CB)
Dermi Lusala (RB/CB/DM)
Jeremy Kyezu (LB)
Michael Craig (CB/DM)
Matthew Craig (CM/AM)
Romane Mundle (Mid)
Nile John (AM)
Max Robson(AM)

In addition Benjamin Watt (CB), who I think is an u15 as his birthday is 1 September (on the cut off of Academy years) but is an E u16 and often is in the Spurs u16 team might also be in contention. Its possible one or two other u15's will go too such as striker Dane Scarlett.

There might be one or two others who I've missed - I suspect Spurs are still sorting out the final list for next season's Academy Year 1 and there will be two or three 'border line candidates for what is likely to be a squad of maybe 12 in next years Academy Year 1 (the following year, current Spurs u15's seem to have a number of very good players so is likely to be a larger intake, hence my guess of limiting the next years intake to being slightly smaller)

Add Marques Muir (CB), to the list of u16's likely to be given an academy scholarship.

We've now seen the following u16's in the u18 squad :

Timothee Lo'Totula (GK)
Marques Muir (CB)
Michael Craig (CB/DM)
Matthew Craig (CM/AM)
Nile John (AM)
Tarrelle Whitaker (Forward)

So 6 of the 12 who I estimate may be in next season's new Year 1 Academy

Woolwich won 0-8 today away at Reading meaning they are still top. We still have a game in hand but Woolwich has to drop points in their last remaining game (I don't know who that is against) for us to stand a chance to win the Title (providing we win our remaining 2). That result against them earlier in the week was a bitch had we had drawn it even would have meant us probably winning the Title.
:vdvcry:

Parrrott is fit again ! Patterson also back which is good news. Good to see Cooper and Thorpe getting relatively rare game time which has to be good for their development with Rafferty Pedder getting bench time

On the bench is Spurs u16 Marques Muir (CB) for the first time - @Windy (and quite a few other youth watchers to be fair) was convinced he'd been released a couple of months ago ! Spurs u16's Matthew Craig and Tarrelle Whitaker also has another opportunity from the bench.

Yes, Carl (from youth pods) was told Muir was being released and he was surprised at the time. Obviously decisions can change so it could be that.

Cooper and Thorpe seem to have had good games, despite limited appearances for both this season. A much rotated team played against Villa with a number of players being played out of position (eg winger and last week's no 9, Clarke as a full back, winger/AM Markanday plying as a CM) with a number of experienced proven players missing including the usual captain Shashoua - possibly to rest players before Wednesday's game against Chelsea ?

On Monday evening attention turns to Spurs u23's who play Blackburn (equal on points with Spurs, both need points to avoid getting sucked into the relegation places).

Too soon after Saturday's u18 match for striker Troy Parrott, and in the absence through injury of other strikers I assume Spurs will rely upon Tracey as the very much makeshift centre forward.

With Wednesday's u18 match against Chelsea to plan for it'll be a balancing act as to which of the matches the likes of Harvey White, Paris Maghoma and J'Neil Bennett are scheduled to play in with about 6 or 8 u18's out injured. Luke Amos has been seen training, be interesting to see if he's considered fit enough to play a part in an u23 game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom