Spurs worst signings ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are our worst signings ?
Obviously Soldado "the donkey" and Lamela ( who ? ) are 1 and 2 but after them who qualifies ?
Bent springs to mind, so does Rebrov, Bentley, Postiga, Bassong, Gomes etc. etc.
Nominations please !,

Serious contender.

Soldado and Lamela can't be judged yet.. Not sure what is going on with Lamela but Soldado looks a great player but is struggling in front of goal.. Next season I expect him to get bag loads of goals. It takes a season or two to reach potential.
I don't think Bassong deserves to be on that list either, he was decent for us when called upon.
For me Bentley was our worst signing.
We can't call Soldado a flop until he's had the chance of a second season.

Fuck me , comparing Soldado to Bentley and Postiga is just criminal.

Bassong and Gomes ? Both have done their bit for Spurs and played with their hearts.

The fact that we are even having these kind of threads is making me cringe.

Who are our worst signings ?
Obviously Soldado "the donkey" and Lamela ( who ? ) are 1 and 2 but after them who qualifies ?
Bent springs to mind, so does Rebrov, Bentley, Postiga, Bassong, Gomes etc. etc.
Nominations please !,
Certainly wouldnt put Bassong and Gomes on my list. Not sure many other Spurs fans would either:gallashmm:

no players!!.. levys inability to hold his bowel together in the face of losing runs.
quick turnover of managers = vast numbers of players coming & going & quick fixe's
that don't work.

Piss off @ Denboy Denboy you troll. Every post you've ever done is mocking Lamela and Soldado.
Get your facts right mate ! firstly my last post was praising Adeybayor , secondly I have put my cv on here before but just so you know I have been a Spurs fan for nearly 60 years (how long have you ? ) I was at Wembley when they won the double and the last trophy I saw them win was also at Wembley with my daughter when they beat Chelsea in the Carling cup ...so you are more likely to be a goner than me !
You are right though about my passionate dislike of Soldado and Lamela but only because I cannot believe we spent so much on a pair of twats. I fear that Tim will probably lose his job at the end of the season not because of his personal failings but because he has inherited deadwood like those two and has was not involved in the transfers and hasn't been able to buy players he actually wants. You don't need to be a sports / football expert to see that Soldado is 100% rubbish just look at his catalogue of misses, his contribution to the team in general and his body language. I would bet a pound to a penny he is off in the Summer ... A old fat bloke with failing vision, wearing an overcoat and ill fitting willies could have run on and scored that chance last week ! As Alan Sugar said " is he a donkey ? " clearly the answer is yes .. god help Tim if he is our second best striker. Poke your troll abuse wear the sun don't shine.
1316623-obvious_troll.preview.jpg

Soldado and Lamela can't be judged yet.. Not sure what is going on with Lamela but Soldado looks a great player but is struggling in front of goal.. Next season I expect him to get bag loads of goals. It takes a season or two to reach potential.
I don't think Bassong deserves to be on that list either, he was decent for us when called upon.
For me Bentley was our worst signing.
We can't call Soldado a flop until he's had the chance of a second season.

Bassong is a decent player when he gets a good run, dropping him in and out of the team affected his form.

Back
Top Bottom