Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway, my view of the game, thought Watford came at us in the first 10 mins or so and Hugo made a couple of good saves. But once we got our noses in front, if we had won by six or seven, wouldn't have been an injustice. When The Moose got fouled and the ref didn't blow, I was screaming at him that this isn't going anywhere, and up popped Dele. What a screamer, we don't see too many of those nowadays. In fact, all the goals were good ones today. Agree with the general consensus that Tripps was MOTM, but thought everybody again played their part. Only thing I didn't quite get about the subs, was taking off Vince, would have brought off Dele, as there was a little blow up and had a horrible feeling of deja vu - don't want to lose him for the run-in again.
Although I have seen some true world-class players in a Spurs shirt, I do believe that is the best team and team spirit I have ever seen, and that starts from Poch and his coaching team. We just need to add some silverware to the trophy cabinet to put this team up there with our greatest legends.
It was lovely to see Gomez applaud every side of the ground today. Mind you, the idiot sitting one seat away from kept calling him Coco the Clown, which I thought was disrespectful and totally uncalled for. He also gave Sonny abuse when he didn't score when Harry put him through for his hat trick, saying how the f*** did you miss that - because he's human, you dipstick! What a wally, hope I don't have the 'pleasure' of his company again.
We can only keep doing what we're doing until the end of the season. Do I think Chelsea can be caught - not really, but let's keep it interesting for as long as we can. I will be more than happy to win the FA Cup and end up second or third, will class it as a successful season. It would be lovely to have tangible reward for our endeavours and the football we are capable of playing.

+42 GD
attachment.php

Yet another fantastic display from a truly magnificent team.. 4 of the best goals in one game you'll ever see.
Trippier was superb today, as he was against them at WHL, his crossing is 2nd to none.
It really is a pleasure watching this group of players..An absolute pleasure.

I wouldn't say this without meaning it but I can honestly say this is the best Spurs side i've seen in my lifetime.

You're just an utter hypocrite of the highest order that simply talks shite.

After Janssen's cameo five minutes against southampton you claimed he warranted a start over Son in the next game because it was "only fair". Son has scored 2 goals in his last 2 games and your hypocrital self is now saying he should be benched in order for Janssen to start. Nothing about being "fair" anymore no? Idiot.

Away from the obvious thing you and Arc have going on, the simple fact is that Son is shit at leading the line.
He is a very good AM though, which is why in my opinion Vinny should be the striker and Son to come in later in games, or in the old system with 3 AMs behind the striker.

Fair doesnt come into it as far as Im concerned....they offer two completely different things, and once Janssen starts putting a few away, the debate will be settled once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom