Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been watching this show called "Live PL Pre Match: Spurs vs. Southampton" and it's been on for 45 minutes so far. I reckon for 40 minutes of it, it's been all about Man City vs. Liverpool, even just had two interviews with Toure and MIiner.

Unbelievable insight by Phil Neville on this stream.

giphy.gif

great composed 1st half, definitely helped with gabbiadini coming off

someone needs to have a word with toby, i think this is the first game i've seen where his hair isn't immaculately gelled

Made it harder than it needed to be. Sloppy performance in the 2nd half, but got the 3 points so good job seeing it out, boys.

I thought Janssen should have been on 10-15 minutes sooner as an outlet, I don't think Dele can play up top alone, he is better at making deeper runs. But then Janssen looked poor and slow when he did come on, so probably best he was only on the last 8-9 minutes. Won us some free kicks though! Trippier also looked poor when he was brought on.

Son and Eriksen both looked good. Winks also was quite good and helped settle the side down.

Not sure how you can say Jansen was poor!?
Was unlucky not to get a goal, and don't you maybe think Poch told him to come on and draw the fouls and see the clock down with 3 points in the bag!?

Goodbye White Hart Lane

Had a good look round, very excited for the new stadium plans we do need a freshen up I think as the fans were winding me up as usual

Hugo even turned round and shouted at the Park Lane towards the end, probably couldn't put up with the moaning, unbeaten at home this season surrounded with cunts I shouted at a few too, no positivity

I didn't shit myself at all as they never had a shot when we were behind the ball, they hit us after making a silly mistake or two, never in dobut

Son wasn't enough of a target man I agree let's give Janssen a shot in that position see if he does have it in him

3. wins now out of 3 for the winnable 8 games I called out

COYS will miss the shelf

Last two games, 6 points against two of the better teams in the league (Everton & Saints). The score line doesn't matter, let's not be self entitled twunts like Woolwich and Liverpool, 3 points is enough from these games.

It's like all of sudden we are poor, white hart lane is rubbish, Poch can't make subs, so and so can pass, we don't shoot enough etc etc! Completely forgetting the fact we just won a massive game in our season.

Not digging anyone specific out here, I've only read through the last couple pages of this thread, but it's very similar to what I was hearing coming out the ground today! More moaning about individual performances than praise of what was a hard fought victory against a good side who beat us last season at WHL.

We are a very good football team who should expect to do well. However whinging after a tight victory against Southampton reaks of self entitlement! And I hate it. We can't win 4-0 every week, and results like this are just as important in the long run as those 4-0 victories.

3 F'N points! COYS
Second in the league. 10 PL games unbeaten at home. The moaners should be ashamed. Entitled plastic twats. I hoped we would never have such fans when we're doing well, but there you go.

Last edited:
Vinny offered more than Son today in 5 minutes....both had one shot each too in their respective time on the pitch.

Not interested in Son vs Janssen...its not about that, I like both and they are not shoe ins for eachother, and neither are shoe ins for Kane.

Tad naive to say "Son scores so should replace Kane"....as covered earlier in the thread, Son does well with a striker on the pitch. Today was a prime example of Son up top leading the line from start.

If anyone wants that against Burnley then Im not sure what they are expecting from the game. Id rather see Son and Janssen in a 4411 at Dier's expense than go with Son as a lone striker again. Might as well go with 10 men.

I'd start him on Sunday. Home match, friendly atmosphere, everyone willing him on. It's an easier game (on paper) than burnley away. They are pretty good at home & I would play son ahead of Janssen there.

#freethevinny

I'm still fuming at the fact we couldn't beat this shit in our last home game of last season - even a point against these lot in that game would have seen us finish above Woolwich.

That should be the main motivation this Sunday - avenge that defeat, keep up our unbelievable home form with yet another win, enjoy the fact that at least one of our rivals would have dropped points at the weekend and hopefully go into the international break in second place, no more injuries and look forward to our next league game with Rose and Kane closer to a return.

I'd rather throw him in with 30 minutes to go and slowly gain confidence than God forbid we start him, he doesn't score, then he's back where he's started with little to no confidence.
why not remove the risk of destroying his confidence altogether by just not picking him for the match day squad at all? Get him out doing some stewarding or selling programmes. That should buck him up a bit

Back
Top Bottom