Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Made it harder than it needed to be. Sloppy performance in the 2nd half, but got the 3 points so good job seeing it out, boys.

I thought Janssen should have been on 10-15 minutes sooner as an outlet, I don't think Dele can play up top alone, he is better at making deeper runs. But then Janssen looked poor and slow when he did come on, so probably best he was only on the last 8-9 minutes. Won us some free kicks though! Trippier also looked poor when he was brought on.

Son and Eriksen both looked good. Winks also was quite good and helped settle the side down.

Not sure how you can say Jansen was poor!?
Was unlucky not to get a goal, and don't you maybe think Poch told him to come on and draw the fouls and see the clock down with 3 points in the bag!?

Vital 3 points against a decent Southampton side.
Thier goal had a touch of good fortune and was at a good time. Gave them confidence
Not seen us that sloppy defensively for a while.
Toby gets a pass though.
Southampton are good onthe flanks with Redmond, Bertrand. Cedric.
Our full backs had a torrid time.
Suppose Puel gets some credit. He stopped them getting forward and made them both look very ordinary.

I think they left themselves in the dressing room at half time. Started far too slow 2nd half and didn't get going.
Not too sure but I think Wanyama and Dembele were both carrying knocks.

No doubt we miss Kane.
Son was isolated as he doesn't seem to have the ability to come deep, collect, hold on and wait for support before linking up and going to the box.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can say Jansen was poor!?
Was unlucky not to get a goal, and don't you maybe think Poch told him to come on and draw the fouls and see the clock down with 3 points in the bag!?
Just a few decisions when he came on, giving the ball away cheaply. Poor might be a bit harsh - not sure what's he's supposed to do when it comes on in the 86th, no time to get into the rhythm of the game. I don't mind him taking a crack at it on the one, and he was vital in killing the game off.

Dunno, that whole second half was so uneven.

Would it hurt that gaggle of cunts on Sky to discuss the game that's just finished, if only for a couple of minutes?
I know a pre match Spurs saints show that consisted of Liverpool/City and then straight over to the Eithad to discuss more after the inconvenient billed show is over.

They just can't get enough of Liverpool.
Hope it's a bad tempered 0-0 lots of yellows, a couple of reds and a few injuries.

That was hard work, very rare error from Toby but his tackle late on showed why he is the best centre half in the league. 2-1 is always nervy but i could only see a saints equaliser coming from an error from us rather than them creating anything.

Was Shane long attempting a world record for being caught offside in one game?

For me today showed son is not a centre forward, much more effective being wide.

Three points collected and like others have written, a game we may have only got a point from in years gone by.

Still we stay under the radar as sky can now focus on their favourites.........

Vinny must have set a record for winning free kicks today. Shame he didn't score with that shot as it would have him brimming with confidence

Back
Top Bottom