Spurs vs Scum @ library || League Cup QF Wed 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always wary when Man City are about.
If we get through (and them), I'm not sure whether I'd rather them in the semi final over two legs (when they might prioritise the league) or a one off final where anything can happen.
Or just hope we get through with all the favourites, get Boro in the semi final and hope Chelsea knock City out in the semis
Have you booked your Wembley hotel for the Final yet....?
...and where's everyone drinking in Feb.... which will be the 'home' pub??

I know you said "if we get through".... but come on, planning permutations for the semi AND the Final is a BIT Premature!!!

Can't fault your optimism btw...!!!
COYS!

We need to go strong... it doesn't make us 'small time' if we take a Cup seriously!!

The thing about resting players for earlier rounds, is knowing when to bring back the big hitters!!

Yes we've got injuries, and of COURSE that'll affect SOME selection...

But Poch made an error in playing Vorm for last season's FA Cup Semi against Utd...
It handed them the initiative, and an FA Cup Semi is no place for sentiment...
NEITHER is a NLD... WHATEVER competition it's in!!
FULL STRENGTH...
NO MERCY!

Was about to come here and suggest us to play Llorente upfront. Basically because they are short of any CB right now. And the thing with makeshift CB, they might have the skills to defend, but they are usually lack the physicallity of real CB.

And then i watched the Soton game highlight and they conceded 3 header goals. Seemed to prove my argument.

Was about to come here and suggest us to play Llorente upfront. Basically because they are short of any CB right now. And the thing with makeshift CB, they might have the skills to defend, but they are usually lack the physicallity of real CB.

And then i watched the Soton game highlight and they conceded 3 header goals. Seemed to prove my argument.
Totally agree. Llorente in place of dele imo. Let them press us and if we get unde the kosh give Llorente some knowdowns to win.

We can and should smash these cunts. Turn up Spurs, swarm on them from the get go, and no dicking around too much with the best XI Poch ffs - it means too much to the fans and I'll be bloody furious if Kane, Son, Eriksen et al aren't starting.

COYS!!

Great news that our Champions league match is on 13th Feb. If and I say if we can get through this round and get Middlesboro in the semi and get to the final, we will have a clear week before the final. However both Chelsea and man City play in Europe that week.

If we win this and go into the hat for the semi-final.. Piers Morgan is doing the draw... and they wonder why this tournament has lost it's appeal..:pochfacepalm:

They Wonder.

Apart from the ridiculous sponsor AND apart from the farcical draws broadcast from Thailand going wrong and drawing teams twice AND apart from the tiresome two legged semi AND apart from the laughably insignificant prize money which has failed to keep up with the rapid surge of increased investment in English football.

Its still a cup though and we should obviously go all out to win it.

Poch can't really call himself a success until hes won a trophy you know, and all our rivals calling us out for not winning anything defiantly WONT be saying "the league cup doesn't count" when we do win it. Football is about glory and shiny silverware and these decisions are in no way commercially motivated.

:levyeyes:

EDIT: BEAT THE FUCKING SCUM THO!

Great news that our Champions league match is on 13th Feb. If and I say if we can get through this round and get Middlesboro in the semi and get to the final, we will have a clear week before the final. However both Chelsea and man City play in Europe that week.

STOPPPPP ITTTTTTT!

They have big problems with defenders injury. Even biggers than our ones. They dont care about their unbeaten run anymore because it is over. They are saving their players for Boxing Day i feel and we must win this one.

Waiting for team news tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom