Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite understandable frustrations about style of play so far, every game so far this season we just don’t allow teams to get good opportunities. We’re exceptional defensively, just need the rest to follow.

But we’re displaying the stability at the back we’ve been desperate for years to have.

There’s no doubt we’re in good defensive shape.no space behind us. 5 at the back. Very comfortable clearing anything in the air.

Bloody awful watch though.

I mean, it really is Jose ball in all but name.

We haven't conceded any real chances and look generally comfortable defending.

We are rushing and lacking composure when breaking.

Some really sloppy passing too.

We need to be a lot better second half and I think we will be

It feels like Conte's plan is to embed pre-season fitness that takes the team through a congested season (with world cup) but which has the side effect of ( PTFD) necessitating we don't go all in first half before WC. relying on late fitness to save us early season and then superior fitness durability post WC.

Or we are grieving, wracked with guilt for handing Tuchel his papers

Tired Excuse Me GIF by Spotify

I got slaughtered here when I said a week ago that we are getting constantly outplayed by most opposition. People don't want to trust their eyes, and instead just keep looking at the league table. You can't keep playing like this and keep getting away with it. Eventually we'll pay for it.
I haven't posted much this season but I've been watching every match and quietly thinking the same. Most games have had very fine margins: as illustrated by the fact that Kane's five goals have won ten points.

Does anyone have the stats on how much running our midfielders are doing vs our front 3?
I reckon Marseille are out running us probably about 2 to 1.

They've been everywhere that half...... But we haven't made use of the acres of space on the two wings they've left by packing the middle.

Richie seems a bit over excited and trying to impress too much with silly flicks..... When he actually trapped and passed he was much more effective.

I got slaughtered here when I said a week ago that we are getting constantly outplayed by most opposition. People don't want to trust their eyes, and instead just keep looking at the league table. You can't keep playing like this and keep getting away with it. Eventually we'll pay for it.
Yep Mourinho and Nuno all over again, yet we have a better squad now so there is no excuse.

I've also said numerous times on here that we're losing the battle of the midfield every game we play. We're gonna get slaughtered at one point to a team that knows what they are doing. Walking on a tight rope.

It's close, I think Sonny's shite form is rubbing off on him. I really am praying Sonny snatches just some kind of goal tonight to get his head back in.
Yep. Really nothing in it.

It was more that so many were pelting Sonny and Harry has been pretty shit. And Sonny is trying to run with the ball.

Richie more effective than both.

Conte is obsessed with his 523 and he will never change unless he starts losing games.

He’s beginning to piss me off
I don't get that he accepts loosing the midfield. I'm not sure we can win it back with Højbjerg and Bentancour. Feels like they aren't very pressure resistant. I'm not sure Bissouma is the solution. But it could be worth a try.

Many times we’ve had an opportunity in transition and have chosen the wrong option. It’s been comically awful really.
One chance is all we need here but wow I’m not sure it’s gonna come based on how poor that was

Back
Top Bottom