Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having thought about this a bit more, this is what I think Conte will do:

Lenglet will stay in the team for Marseille and Davies will be saved for Man City.

Perisic will start against Marseille and Sessegnon will be saved for Man City.

Emerson, Romero and Dier will remain unchanged for both games as will the midfield pairing of Hojbjerg and Bentancur and the front three of Richarlison, Kane and Son. I think Conte will wait until Sporting and Leicester to make changes in these areas.
He’ll start Perisic against City, he wanted him here because od these big games. I like Sessegnon a lot, but starting CL game isn’t bad either.

Front 3 is the difficult choice for this. Richarlison played so well Vs Fulham.. do you rest Sonny and bring Deki back in?

Back 3 for the rest of the season should be Romero, Dier and Lenglet. Bentancur and Hojbjerg are must haves also.

Elite sport = no easy games.

The arse are top of the PL, are we fearing them too?

Let’s be honest, if we don’t dispatch Marseille at home we can have no realistic hope of doing well in the CL, let alone winning it.

COYS

:llorishowudoin:

Luis Suarez also up front for them. Guendonkey, Sanchez, Kolasinac, Payet, Bailly from Utd. Won’t be easy but will be familiar.

This group has the feels like CL 16/17 at Wembley where we struggled against a decent Monaco side and Leverkusen not getting out of the group.

Prove me wrong Spurs.
Just to clarify. It is not THAT Luis Suarez. This one is Colombian.

I called 1979, someone wants their terminology back!!
giphy.gif

These are the 16 players who have played 90 mins or more this season, and likely to form the core of he team against OM :

GK - Lloris
CB's - Romero, Dier, Lenglet, Sanchez, Davies
WB's - Emerson, Perisic, Sessegnon
CM's - Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg
FWD's Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son, Kane

These are the 10 players who have yet to feature, or played less than 90 mins, this season. It would seem sensible for a couple of them to feature, if only off the bench, so they can get up to speed and also rest the above group, if they are fit :

GK's - Forster, Austin
CB's - Tanganga
WB's - Spence, Doherty
CM's - Skipp, Sarr , White
FWD's - Moura, Gil

Squad now agreed with UEFA (List B - qualifying u21's can be added up to 24 hours before the match :

These are the 16 players who have played 90 mins or more this season, and likely to form the core of he team against OM :

GK - Lloris
CB's - Romero, Dier, Lenglet, Sanchez, Davies
WB's - Emerson, Perisic, Sessegnon
CM's - Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg
FWD's Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son, Kane

These are the 10 players who have yet to feature, or played less than 90 mins, this season. It would seem sensible for a couple of them to feature, if only off the bench, so they can get up to speed and also rest the above group, if they are fit :

GK's - Forster, Austin
CB's - Tanganga
WB's - Spence, Doherty
CM's - Skipp, Sarr , White
FWD's - Moura, Gil

Squad now agreed with UEFA (List B - qualifying u21's can be added up to 24 hours before the match :
Sarr and Gil? I count 18 non hg.

Lenglet is so good with the ball at his feet. But for all those trying to guess whether he starts in CL, at City or both - the one thing we don’t know yet is how Conte rates his defensive ability.

For a game where we will have a lot of the ball, like Fulham, he’s the obvious choice. But with Marseille’s attacking style and City being always on the ball, it’ll be interesting to see if Conte prefers Davies’ proven defensive ability when we are sitting back or if he trusts Lenglet in that kind of game.

Luis Suarez also up front for them. Guendonkey, Sanchez, Kolasinac, Payet, Bailly from Utd. Won’t be easy but will be familiar.

This group has the feels like CL 16/17 at Wembley where we struggled against a decent Monaco side and Leverkusen not getting out of the group.

Prove me wrong Spurs.

Monaco took everyone by suprise that year; eventually reaching the semi.....

Home:

6aXpF2.png

Away:

6ahMts.md.png

Didn't help either that 'home' was an (at that point) un-familiar Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom