Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
You always have to use width when playing g against 10 or 9 men.

We wasted too much energy trying to go through the middle and the tempo of passing was too slow.

Our 2 goals came from slide rule passes with the winger getting to the byline and crossing it low and hard. Even the Richarlison offside disallowed goal was to the byline.

Not sure why we tried to go aerial with Matip, van dijk and konate just waiting to head it.

Solomon and Kulusevki too predictable cutting inside. I wanted them to swap for a few minutes.

But finally managed to get Porro on the overlap and deliver a cross.
We just looked like we didn't know what to do. It was kind of shocking to watch how confused the players were with the picture in front of them. That's something they really need to work on. They can't be so set in their patterns that an unusual situation like this leaves them completely baffled.

You always have to use width when playing g against 10 or 9 men.

We wasted too much energy trying to go through the middle and the tempo of passing was too slow.

Our 2 goals came from slide rule passes with the winger getting to the byline and crossing it low and hard. Even the Richarlison offside disallowed goal was to the byline.

Not sure why we tried to go aerial with Matip, van dijk and konate just waiting to head it.

Solomon and Kulusevki too predictable cutting inside. I wanted them to swap for a few minutes.

But finally managed to get Porro on the overlap and deliver a cross.
Think Ange will use the overlap more when he needs to. I like kulu but some games he needs the right back to be the danger man

Just got done watching it and not sure what to think really. Massive relief I guess is the main feeling. We were awful, by far our worst performance yet, and we got very lucky. Then again it's cesspool and I love seeing them winge and cry, so whatever I'll take a jammy win against them any day. But Ange really needs to think a lot about this performance. Our possession play and pressing looked very average here and a lot of our players were a little exposed for their individual ability.

We still need to do a lot of work in the transfer market to get the quality we need in this squad. And Ange still needs to do a lot more work on the training ground with some of these players. For now just take the 3 points and learn from the experience.
This is an attempt at humour, right?

Part of me hates that everyone seems focused on the officiating, another part of me loves that we beat them, of all teams because of bad officiating. They've been getting every favour in the book for half a decade IMO.

And even an own goal at the death when they think they've won (drawn but feels like a win)
How many times has that happened to us at their place?

No. My honest reaction to the match I just watched. Did you think we were good?
We weren't fantastic but I really don't understand all the criticism coming our way

I thought we played some decent stuff at times and completely dominated the second half (as you would expect given circumstances)

Too slow as we always play like that and now v 9 we can’t change tactics. Richi has offered nothing up top and crossing has not been great.
However I keep saying we need to keep fullbacks wide and when we do porro crosses the ball with his right foot and we score. Deki for all the good he did the attacks broke down on the right all the time as kept coming inside or going back. I really don’t get why we don’t swap him to other side or keep the FBs out wide do the wide forward has an overlap pass on.

No. My honest reaction to the match I just watched. Did you think we were good?
Yes, I did. I'll go further - occasionally I thought we were excellent. There are question marks in the area of creating chances and finishing, but generally I really enjoyed watching us play.
I struggle to accept that we both watched the same game.

Too slow as we always play like that and now v 9 we can’t change tactics. Richi has offered nothing up top and crossing has not been great.
However I keep saying we need to keep fullbacks wide and when we do porro crosses the ball with his right foot and we score. Deki for all the good he did the attacks broke down on the right all the time as kept coming inside or going back. I really don’t get why we don’t swap him to other side or keep the FBs out wide do the wide forward has an overlap pass on.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Back
Top Bottom