Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
so basically one VAR decision was wrong which has also happened against us before and the other calls where correct and it’s a grand conspiracy to stop Liverpool.

Fuck off, whenever we get bad calls basically it’s shut up it will work itself out over the season.

We are away to Luton next week and I think City are away to Woolwich. Guess what I’m thinking.
Denzel Washington GIF

Makes me wistful for the old days when goals incorrectly ruled out for offside happened every week.

But seriously the erratic lunatics officiating the game and VAR need to be addressed.

Loved the way we got the win really will cheese them off nicely .No doubt Klopp will be moaning and that makes it even nicer .He is a right pain in the bum always the great fellow to you when he wins saying how great you are but when you beat him he's not so gracious.

There's something so delightfully lovable about the team at the moment. Do I think theymover celebrated today? Probably (it wasn't a cup final) but the togetherness and team spirit it shows is something I fucking love (especially after the Conte years).
To this day, I still consider Roman Pavlyuchenko's last minute winner against Liverpool on 1st November 2008 to be my proudest moment as a Tottenham fan. It was the whole context of the situation. We were bottom of the league with only 6 points on the board. Liverpool were top of the table and undefeated up to that point. They got an early goal and completely dominated the game but failed to increase their lead. Jamie Carragher levelled things up with 20 minutes to go with a characteristic own goal and right in the last seconds of stoppage time Pavlyuchenko got a very simple chance which he put in the back of the net.

It's odd that I should cite this as my proudest moment given when I've seen us win three trophies but I guess there is something about me that thrives on the siege mentality.

It's actually quite fitting that we got a win against Liverpool this weekend because I'm going to this tomorrow night:

Missed the game admittedly but even though it seems we rode our luck, fuck it, I could not give one shite.

About time we beat those bastards no matter how it happened. Glorious!
Not true.

Only one team deserved to win it and despite the shithousery, we laboured against the 9 - How many hours does any team practice / setup to play against 9?

Don't forget we conceded an undeserved OG against woolwich. Balance. Yes they were a threat on the counter - until Mickey and Romero stepped in that is.

Bon soir toutes les monde.

Quick dispatch from my hols in rural France. Had Internet connection on my phone for the first half so was following via a live commentary.

Already very excited by half time but had to go out for a meal where I couldn't get a connection. Somehow I still knew we had this. Just got back and checked the score. Don't know what happened, Don't care, What a result. Bet Klopp was funny.

Very happy and perhaps a little drunk. Enjoy this everyone, we deserve it. COY Lovely lovely Spurs! 🤍🤍🤍🤍 Au revoir!

To this day, I still consider Roman Pavlyuchenko's last minute winner against Liverpool on 1st November 2008 to be my proudest moment as a Tottenham fan. It was the whole context of the situation. We were bottom of the league with only 6 points on the board. Liverpool were top of the table and undefeated up to that point. They got an early goal and completely dominated the game but failed to increase their lead. Jamie Carragher levelled things up with 20 minutes to go with a characteristic own goal and right in the last seconds of stoppage time Pavlyuchenko got a very simple chance which he put in the back of the net.

It's odd that I should cite this as my proudest moment given when I've seen us win three trophies but I guess there is something about me that thrives on the siege mentality.

It's actually quite fitting that we got a win against Liverpool this weekend because I'm going to this tomorrow night:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTlkQoFuTsQ&ab_channel=CookeTickets

If were top or near top at xmas and spend in January we can win it. No European football to hinder us. We need to think BIG. Theres an opportunity.
This.

we are in this place by accident. Conte throwing a wobbly and getting fucking off. managers turning us down. Harry going. Not getting Ropry League
and yet are the stars aligning for us. Little chance, but still a chance. I’m a believer in luck and I think maybe, just maybe

From scouse land forum. Now I think there are some whinging fuckers in here , but

Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Reply #722: Todayat 08:44:15 pm

That one is gonna sting for a while. And not even because we were cheated throughout but because the least we deserved was a point for the heart and fight we showed only to be denied by an own F***ing goal. And I don't blame Matip in the slightest, he had to make an attempt to clear it. It's just unfortunate that the clearance went into the roof of the net. For the rest of the match, he and the rest of the back line were immense.

I didn't wanna spend too much time talking about the officials because what's the F***ing point? Nothing is gonna change but when so many blantant decisions change the corse of a game, how can you not talk about the inept, cheating bas**rds that have ruined the game of football. And I mean ruined. It's no longer ruining, the game is dead in the F***ing water now. It's an embarrassment.

So yeah there was a red card given to Jones for winning the ball. There was a perfectly good goal ruled out for being offisde. There was a penalty on Joe Gomez for the same challenge Van Dijk got sent off for against Newcastle. Jota was booked because a Spurs player tripped themselves up, which means the second yellow (which was senseless on Diogo's part) results in a red. And almost every decision went in the favour of Spurs.

And this isn't me being a bitter Liverpool fan because the Chelsea lad the other week was in the same situation. Wins the ball and VAR tell the ref to look at the monitor and it becomes a red. Sound, you can't win the ball anymore in a challenge without being sent off. Nketiah in the North London derby can make no attempt at the ball, studs raised, catch the opposition keeper and stay on the pitch but winning the ball is outlawed.

Diaz is ruled offside without any F***ing evidence being shown to anyone. You can tell by the lines on the grass that Romero is a good yard ahead of Diaz. The decision was made so quick that there wasn't time for it to be checked. It was a straight forward case of Liverpool have scored, chalk it off instantly.

Gomez has the same incident as Van Dijk and Isak. Player comes in from behind, takes his foot out then the ball and that's alright. As long as there's consistency in the decision making and there is - cheat Liverpool at all costs. How is one a red card and one not even a foul? It blows my mind just how F***ing obvious it is allowed to be.

Udogie trips himself up and somehow Jota gets booked for that. As I said before, the second yellow is senseless on Diogo's part and there's no complaints there. Similar to Trent had he been shown a red at Newcastle. First yellow never was but the second would of been senseless and the red justified because two yellows make a red. Once you've been given a yellow (rightly or wrongly) you can't make a stupid decision like that. But the refs hand was in his back pocket before Jota even went to ground.

Salah gets booked for kicking the ball away because a Spurs fella falls over and the ref, as he did all game, deemed that a foul. Maddison holds onto the ball for a good 30 seconds on the odd occassion we got a free kick and nothing happens. It's still time wasting. We have a chance to play an advantage that should of lead to a corner but the ref pulls it back to give a much less appealing free kick for Endo being slapped in the face. Hands raised should be a red. Robbo kicks the ball against the Spurs winger and Spurs get a corner from it. Dom gets caught late in the game, Gravenberch (probably the freshest player on the pitch) has a chance to at least break forward against the last two defenders because Spurs have pushed so many forward searching for the goal and instead of letting us see if there is an advantage the ref again pulls it straight back. Robbo gets booked for an elbow when the replay shows Romero or Porro whichever one it was, looking only at Robertson while the Jock's eyes are fixed firmly on the ball.

Honestly la, it was every F***ing decision tonight. Even the Udogie or Bissouma booking that went in our favour, the lad won the ball first so shouldn't of been booked or given as a free-kick to us. Can't remember which one it was.

It really isn't me being a bad loser or looking for excuses, it was simply a ref not capable of doing his job correctly.

As for the game, it was a fantastic showing of our grit, determination, character and heart. And we showed that when we need to defend, we're more than capable of it. The lads can be proud of themselves tonight. It's not their fault they're being cheated. I really hope though that this brings us as a club closer together and we really do say F**k the rest of the world - we're Liverpool Football Club and if you're not then we've got no F***ing time for you.

Alisson - really poor with his feet in the first half. Put Mac Allister under pressure with a suicide pass, knocked one out to the left that was nowhere near Robbo, done the same down the right to Gomez. Second half, his goalkeeping skills came into play and he was outstanding. Really good saves, claimed almost everything in the box and was a commanding figure.

Gomez - seems to be getting better with every passing game, which will probably come to an end soon as Trent is back. But he done a really good job up and down that right hand side tonight. Great tackle as well on the far post. I'm as critical as anybody of Joe but credit where it's due, he's been a solid hand in this little stretch of games.

Matip - massively unlucky with the own goal because everything else he dealt with. I thought his partner was to blame for the other goal for not seeing Son's run earlier. The one thing that did piss me off tonight with Joel though was that one mazy run he went on and didn't release it and ended up losing it and being out of position. But it really was just one bad moment in a sea of great.

Van Dijk - Son's goal aside, I thought that was the closest Van Dijk has played to how he was performing pre-injury. He lead the team so well. Was commanding. Was strong. Was quick. Was everything he used to be. Like I said, I think he should of done better for the goal by seeing Son's run and following it rather than reacting a second too slow and allowing their man to get the march on him.

Robertson - F**k me that lad has got some engine on him. Bombing on in injury time like he was. And I don't know if that cost us in the end because he didn't get out to Kulusevski early enough in the lead up to the winner and Robbo looked, understandbly, knackered. But like the rest of the lads, he worked tirelessly tonight.

Mac Allister - I've questioned him a lot since he arrived but tonight he put in a real shift. Didn't do anything to grab the headlines but ran himself into the ground. Was a bit poor with the ball in the first half but his work ethic was unquestionable tonight.

Szoboszlai - almost the opposite of his games so far. I thought tonight he was sloppy with the ball but really worked his bollocks off and was good out of possession.

Jones - didn't do much before the red card and was then sent off for winning the ball. Can't offer more of an opinion on his game than that.

Salah - looked electric as he has for most of the season, just tonight that final bit was missing yet should have stilled ended up with two assists for two Luis Diaz goals. The one that somehow was ruled offside (and apparently the PGMOL have since said it was the wrong decision) and the one where Diaz was just diving in at the far post - very similar to the goal he scored against Chelsea, also from a wonderful pass by Mo.

Gakpo - missed a really chance earlier on but his goal was a thing of beauty. Didn't do much else but it's another start and goal for Cody. As a centre forward, that's what he's there to do.

Diaz - I thought he was our biggest threat for much of the game. Travelling with the ball, running at defenders, committing them. And he's starting to make these spells of being influential last a lot longer during games. It's not just ten minutes here and there now, it's almost the entire time he's on the pitch. As stated, should have two goals tonight.

Jota - looked rash from the minute he came on, never quite calmed down and was then sent off. Poor decision from the official first time and poor decision from Jota second time.

Endo - lost his 100% record tonight and lost the ball a few times as well. When Spurs were breaking in what lead to the goal after our free-kick I was screaming for Endo to just bring their player down in their half. Take the yellow and see the game through. But he didn't and we didn't.

Konate - the big tank looked to solidify our back line even more. What a F***ing beast.

Alexander-Arnold - I was actually disappointed in Trent's lack of effort to put a foot in tonight. Seemed like every time Solomon was cutting in, Trent just allowed it without even trying to stop him. I know he's only just back from injury but when there's players out there who've been fighting for 70 or 80 minutes, the least you can do as a sub is show some F***ing desire.

Gravenberch - almost the complete opposite of Trent. I thought the young Dutchman was trying and putting in a real shift in those last ten minutes or so. Was fighting for everything, was trying his hardest to see the game through. I really like what I'm seeing from him so far.

Overall, it hurts. Any defeat does and one like this even more. But I can't really fault our players. By and large they worked their bollocks off out there tonight and despite being down to 9 men, Spurs hardly laid a glove on us. A freak own goal and we're denied a more than deserving point. But that's football sometimes.

Brush ourselves off and go again in midweek in Europe.

Despite the set back tonight, quadruple is still on.
Got bored half way through reading that. However if someone good with photo shop could make an image of the queen (rip) sat at the VAR desk hitting the offside button and post it in reply to this post that'd be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom