Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Why would they be mad at us for something that we didn’t do?

They were the team committing dangerous tackles and getting sent off. The refs were the ones disallowing their goal.

Sure I get it’s a frustrating result the came against us, but it’s not like we did anything by wrong.
We celebrated. We should have rolled over for them apparently. Or hung out heads in shame.

Why does it have to be in the boots? it could be anywhere, as long as everyone wears it in the same place and then the unit becomes the arbiter of offside, and we can sack the shit about legs and arms influencing the decision process.
Absolutely. Put it on the front and back of every player, then set a defined limit on the distance between them to determine offside.

It's a simple scenario for me, you predetermine what distance is required for an attacker to 'gain advantage ' over a defender, and as long as this is agreed & remains constant, then the arguments go away.

For example, a toe beyond a defender is not an advantage, but if the attacker is shown as, say, 100mm 'goal side' of the defender, then he has gained an unfair advantage and is therefore offside.

I'm sure there will be the "yeah, but what about" posts in response to this, but nothing is infallible. However, as long as the parameters are agreed, it would remove objectivity and, as you should be able to get almost instantaneous measurements, you wouldn't get the delays we currently have.

Everyone accepts goal line tech without argument, this would follow a similar path because it removes human error.

Scousers busy googling “Diaries
They probably think it's in reference to this;
zhrt1w.gif

...oh... DIARIES!!

Just been on reddit, so many Spurs "fans" falling over themselves to say how awful it all is and how it should have been a draw to ingratiate themselves with all the whinging Scousers. Fucks sakes, I hate internet football "fandom".

Lets be honest, the offside rule was initially brought in to prevent or deter goal-hanging, not because the attackers shin, headt or big toe was slightly ahead of the defenders when the ball was played. The easiest way to sort this utter mess out is to change the rule. An player is offside when the attacker is ahead of the last defender (in the attacking half) when the ball is played and there is clear daylight between them. That is all it has to be.

Lets be honest, the offside rule was initially brought in to prevent or deter goal-hanging, not because the attackers shin, headt or big toe was slightly ahead of the defenders when the ball was played. The easiest way to sort this utter mess out is to change the rule. An player is offside when the attacker is ahead of the last defender (in the attacking half) when the ball is played and there is clear daylight between them. That is all it has to be.
I agree, the offside rule as it is needs changed. But it can't be changed midseason, and certainly not because the Scousers are whining.

The cringe bandwagon rolls on and I think they’ll be plenty more jumping on it yet.

Keown wants a replay and the cunt was deathly silent last week on Nketiah’s tackle on Vic.

Simon Jordan and Stuart Pearce saying the game should have been stopped after the re-start and the disallowed goal awarded. Despite the rules forbidding that.

On ’Ref Watch’ on Sky Sports that completely impartial ex Liverpool player Stephen Warnock trying to explore the replay option. Analysing to death every decision that went against Liverpool, including why Udogie did not get a yellow for making a card gesture to the ref on the Jota tackle. No coverage at all of the yellow card Udogie got for fairly winning the ball that led to their goal, or for the earlier incident of Jones kicking the ball away at the free kick.

I might have missed it but am surprised that Carragher has been silent. Unless he’s saving it up for the MNF on Sky. Fuck ‘em all.

Completely changes the game if you do that though. The game has evolved around the rule.

Italian style deep blocks and stealing 1-0 wins will become the way to play again because nobody will have the balls to play a high line

Completely changes the game if you do that though. The game has evolved around the rule.

Italian style deep blocks and stealing 1-0 wins will become the way to play again because nobody will have the balls to play a high line
Maybe, but it stops all this nonsense, and surely it would encourage teh attacking team to play more intricate football going forward

When you walk through a storm
Hold your flag up high
And don’t be afraid of the VAR

At the end of the game
There’s a great own goal
And the sweet silver sound as Spurs laugh

Walk on through the moans
Walk on through complaints
Their title dreams be tossed and blown

Move on , Move on
No hope in their heart
And you’ll never get a replay

You’ll never get a replay

You can have a lot of fun I’ve decided turning their songs on them

Have to do some work now , tonight I will have a crack at the Cilla classic

What’s it all about linesman

That's Boss man

The rule for Offside in Ice Hockey with the Lines as effectively the last man is as long as your foot is on the line you are onside

as you say Simples but the argument becomes farcical on the fact that its taken over 5 mins in the past the issues is human error on the VAR ref thinking it was given onside

All Spurs fault again

The cringe bandwagon rolls on and I think they’ll be plenty more jumping on it yet.

Keown wants a replay and the cunt was deathly silent last week on Nketiah’s tackle on Vic.

Simon Jordan and Stuart Pearce saying the game should have been stopped after the re-start and the disallowed goal awarded. Despite the rules forbidding that.

On ’Ref Watch’ on Sky Sports that completely impartial ex Liverpool player Stephen Warnock trying to explore the replay option. Analysing to death every decision that went against Liverpool, including why Udogie did not get a yellow for making a card gesture to the ref on the Jota tackle. No coverage at all of the yellow card Udogie got for fairly winning the ball that led to their goal, or for the earlier incident of Jones kicking the ball away at the free kick.

I might have missed it but am surprised that Carragher has been silent. Unless he’s saving it up for the MNF on Sky. Fuck ‘em all.

He'll either be massively pushing for the replay or will go against the grain just to be different to the rest of Sky and help perpetuate a few more interactions.

Personally I am waiting for the fine Liverpool are going to get for failing to control their players, as they had so many bookings, landing. That should kick up even more of a hissy fit!

I will guarantee you that there won’t ever be a replay from any VAR incident. The game would be over because if that happened and at the end of the day the technology isn’t 100%

The irony here is that the very rule that caused all this states that decisions cannot be rectified AFTER play restarts....... Technically that negates any call for any retrospective action regarding the result of the game (goal reinstated, points redistributed, game replay etc.).

:andros:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom