Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's so obvious we need fresh blood it's unreal. What have our scouts been doing for the last 12months for crying out loud?

It's only a friendly but I still can't get my head around it. It's so obvious that we need a few more to beef up the options

Last edited:
I don't want to hear any of the "Are you seriously melting over a friendly" bullshit.
That was absolutely embarrassing. Our mentality for this game was just bad.

I wonder if there will be any 'positives' taken from this game ?
Cool.

No complaints then if we finish outside the top 3 this season then!
I am one of those who think we will finish outside the top 3. I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 5th either.
It's not melting, nothing to do with pre season results. It wouldn't upset me either. I am a bit more realistic about the last 2 seasons to this one.
If we get top 4 this season I will be very, very, satisfied.
if we challenge for the title then we are the real deal.

It may have 'only' been a friendly but the players are obligated to perform EVERY time they pull on the famous white shirt and also they have a duty to the fans that pay to turn up and support them, so the result and performance does matter.
Haven't seen it myself but by the sound of it it was a horror show. Let's just hope they all learn from that and get it right before Newcastle.

Sober reflection on last night ... god we were shite. We genuinely looked so far off the pace. I know it's pre season etc but Citeh looked miles ahead of us. The thing I've noticed is that when teams press us, we don't cope well (lolerpool x2 last season springs to mind, Spam at their place, plus Monaco & Leverkusen in the CL)
Also, we were pulled apart defensively- mainly due to surrendering the midfield with sloppy passing, being second to the ball every time & leaving acres of space behind the full backs. I honestly felt that they were going to score every time they had the ball in our half, & had they been more ruthless with their finishing it could have been even more humiliating. Hate to say it but 3-0 flattered us.

Poch has a lot of work to do & Levy needs to get the cheque book out. I don't think Trippier has the engine to do what Walker did for us. Danilo ate him alive repeatedly. I trust that we will get it right, but last night was a definite wake up call.

The 2-2 away last season didn't look that different to last night. God knows how we got out of that with a point.
The way we play is the perfect style for City and Liverpool to exploit.
Against those teams we should probably sit deeper and try and hit them, instead of trying to play through them and leave big spaces for them to run in to. Go full Mourinho against them, especially away.

Well just got done watching that shit show.....boy oh boy....let's hope the entire squad was at the lasagna or something cause otherwise I dread to think what's gonna happen to us in that Chelsea game in a couple of weeks. We looked like we weren't in the same league as City. As much I love the idea of improving and getting the most of our existing squad, promoting youth, etc, we definitely need to go and buy some fucking quality players asap.

Lacking pace by the way. As we always do without Walker or Rose.

Sometimes when you're under pressure you need an outlet. We have none.

Wonder if Real Madrid's forum is melting after they lost a pre-season friendly in America to Man City? Some of you need to look at yourselves. Hilarious. No intensity in the game at all and being played in conditions not even close to PL. Yet ''welcome to next season''. Haha. Have another drink.

If you can't see the gulf in class you have shit in your eyes

Some people will say anything to look good. I remember when we were 2-0 down to Newcastle (and we know how that turned out) and people were being accused of 'melting'. Apparently we're not allowed to be concerned at all
You can be concerned all you want; however, the reaction seems a little strange for friendly game. When did people start giving a shit?

You can be concerned all you want; however, the reaction seems a little strange for friendly game. When did people start giving a shit?

They really only give a shit when we aren't playing our best. Go back and look at some of the match threads. The ones where we are completely dominating have hardly half the posts of when we are losing or drawing

Back
Top Bottom