Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're feeling sadistic, and like reliving all the action from last night... read from page 51/52 onwards... it's like we ALL knew it was coming, but couldn't dare speak it's name...

Then the FUUUUUUCKfest begins!

Fucking horrible night... now Poch has lost his shit with the media as well, these next few weeks are gonna be INTERESTING!
The media thing could escalate. The 5Live commentator clearly had an erection when he said we "cracked under the pressure".

Anyone that talks shit about Kane deserves to get 'proper served up'. He played very well last night. You are all fucking mad. Even Savage said he had been excellent.

Dele and Harry have given us so much over the past few years that without their goals we're a vastly weaker team. With Harry not scoring, Dele injured, you really need someone else to really stand up. Lucas looks most capable, Sonny you'd expect to come good.

You'd also hope our defence can waken from their coma sometime soon. People say the equaliser was a great goal, and it was, but the guy was in acres of space calling for the ball for a few seconds. How no one noticed and closed him down is piss poor.

And what's to say that Lamela wasn't out on his feet? .
Whats to say Lamela wasnt going to score 20 goals . No need to think about scenarios that werent close to happening. Unless he has a meter on his head that shows his tank is empty, there was no real proof that he was done. It was substitution for the sake of substitution and a horrific mistake from the manager.

Whats to say Lamela wasnt going to score 20 goals . No need to think about scenarios that werent close to happening. Unless he has a meter on his head that shows his tank is empty, there was no real proof that he was done. It was substitution for the sake of substitution and a horrific mistake from the manager.
Of any of the players that started that game, given that he's just come back from injury his sub was the most predictable of all of them, could have called it before we even kicked off.

His first half was extremely poor. He improved in the second half.
Aura was good, didn't put a foot wrong. So were Vert and Sanchez and Lamela, Son and Kane to some extent.
Our problem is the middle, the opposition can pass freely without resistance and our mid fielders are static when we attack. Namely Dier and Dembele and then Winks came on. I only wanted one signing to bolster the middle and we would have been perfect. We don't have Modric or the young Dembele any more.

Davies is poor. I wonder why rose did not start this one. The clearance
So never heard of killing the game with a second?

We’d have a better chance of doing that without Kane. That’s a simple fact these days.

Yes I've heard of it .but have you ever heard of if it ain't broke, don't fix it? I disagree we would be better without Kane. That said. Let's go with your front 3 for Saturday. He needs a rest but last night wasn't the game to do it. We were in a comfortable position and let it slip

Unless we have a plan B that doesn't involve Kane, then I just can't see him being dropped.
I get that he's not scoring for fun (or at all) at the moment... but that HAS to change soon, surely? And he's CERTAINLY not gonna score if he's not playing...

But I get why Poch is getting frustrated, he had the media telling him his striker is on the verge of exhaustion, and a Chairman who didn't get in at least a half decent replacement...

Then, the fuck do I KNOW?? Maybe it IS time to go 3 up top with no recognised 'striker'... it seems to work for Liverpool!!

Yes I've heard of it .but have you ever heard of if it ain't broke, don't fix it? I disagree we would be better without Kane. That said. Let's go with your front 3 for Saturday. He needs a rest but last night wasn't the game to do it. We were in a comfortable position and let it slip

But the attack suffered last night because of him, in my view......I think its weird to say he was fine but drop him on Saturday

Well if you have been reading my posts Baz you would know that I'm not having that one bit.

I have read your posts but don’t agree with you so let’s agree to disagree as it’s a Forum after but I’m very worried about our club

He completed 90 vs West Ham, 87 vs Crystal Palace and 83 against us.

It's called bedding in a new player who isn't familiar to the physical intensity of the premier league.

You've lost your marbles tonight, mate. Keita is a very, very good player and you're trying to argue he's shit because he gets subbed off late in games lol.
Yes keita is very good. Wish we had bought him instead of sticking to this new nobuying policy. He'd be our best CM if he had signed for us.

Unless we have a plan B that doesn't involve Kane, then I just can't see him being dropped.
I get that he's not scoring for fun (or at all) at the moment... but that HAS to change soon, surely? And he's CERTAINLY not gonna score if he's not playing...

But I get why Poch is getting frustrated, he had the media telling him his striker is on the verge of exhaustion, and a Chairman who didn't get in at least a half decent replacement...

Then, the fuck do I KNOW?? Maybe it IS time to go 3 up top with no recognised 'striker'... it seems to work for Liverpool!!

Worth a try with Lucas Sonny and Kane
Lamela sitting just behind
Coco didn’t have a good first half but had an effect in the second
Until he was taken off that is

Looking to Kane being "tired" as a reason for losing last night is falling back on lazy narrative.

We had chances to finish them off, we didnt take them. Moura and Lamela where guilty of making the wrong decisions. Kane was active and held the ball up excellently at times. Eriksen also had his best game for us for a while. Aurier was a contstant threat and really deserved to be on the winning team.

We rode their press early on and the first half was scrappy but Inter had very few chances other the ones we gifted them. Pochs first sub was decisive and it looked to give us the initiative to go on and win but we lost the game due to some terrible defending from a set piece again (Moura guilty this time). And that is where we should be concentrating the scrutiny imo.

Last edited:
You'd also hope our defence can waken from their coma sometime soon. People say the equaliser was a great goal, and it was, but the guy was in acres of space calling for the ball for a few seconds. How no one noticed and closed him down is piss poor.

The defenders are doing very well. We are conceding from corners, when the opposition have 5 players plus in the box and this is when the defence need help from the DM who are just watching the ball, namely dembele and dier.
And the same applies for the first goal conceded, the guy on the edge of the pen area unmarked on his own.

I think the players are bored with hard work off the field. They’re not buying into into it anymore. That and the stadium, Alderweireld’s reintegration, Lloris, Rose. contracts. Maybe a split in the dressing room? There doesn’t seem to be much love for Poch at the moment. Footballers are more fickle than fans if that’s possible.
You could be right.

Only game I've seen that in was Watford. I thought our attitude was bang on tonight.

I can’t see how you can say that

I thought that apart from Lucas, Coco, Aurier and Son our attitude was shit
Constantly giving the ball away especially when they pressed
We did the same against the Dippers

You can’t do that against decent sides let alone Inter

Anyone that talks shit about Kane deserves to get 'proper served up'. He played very well last night. You are all fucking mad. Even Savage said he had been excellent.

Without making 7 sprints either!!

Some of his hold up play drawing the odd free kick was excellent

Then he gets subbed for Rose

After the last 3 games I have to agree with Joe that something doesn't seem right. We've played strangely so far this season. Dembele brings so little to the team offensively that I feel him, Dier and Wanyama are all fighting over the same spot now.

Dier is a player I've had a lot of patience for however needs to be bottom of that pile. Eriksen needs to be playing deeper it seems because our passing from deep to high isn't working. Winks has looked terrible since coming back I've thought, he needs more time on the training field before getting game time I feel. Our defence has looked pretty poor in the last 3 games as well, but that could be down to the lack of Lloris in goals commanding his defense.

Kane has looked lacklustre so far this season, but I'll never ever write him off. Lucas has been a revelation and it's great to have Son back. But it's clear to see when Lamela is on the pitch just how little effort the rest of the team seems to be applying. I thought he did well last night, laid the ball off well for Eriksens goal, but could have done better with a few of his own chances.

We've had some rough luck and overall confidence seems low. I'm not sure what Poch is planning but the midfield diamond he's tried a few times now needs to stop. I want to see us focused fully on playing the 4-2-3-1 we have excelled in. I want to see more from Davies and Trippier. I want to see more effort and commitment from the rest of the team. These last 3 games it's felt like we've been on autopilot like we are just going to walk the games. That's not what has gotten us where we are. We've gotten where we are because we were the plucky underdogs with so much fight. Now it feels like we're expecting to roll teams over and it's leading to some terrible performances.

We're not far into the season, but after 3 losses on the bounce, Poch needs to sort this out. Because with the exception of the second half against United, we've been terrible and there's probably less than 5 players in the dressing room who can honestly say they've made an effort this season.

Back
Top Bottom