Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a 'like' like, a 'thanks for telling me' like.

Fuck me though- Poch should not be throwing in the towel before we've played a single CL game...

I dint read it that way mate, I think he's basically saying that we forget silverware if we play as shit as the other day. And he's dead right.

Players, and he to be fair, need to get going tomorrow. Im glad he said the words "wake up call",

He said if we perform like we did against Watford and Liverpool, we won't compete.

Is he wrong?

Not at all. But it does sound as if he doesn't expect us to seriously compete UNLESS we turn up tomorrow and show some of the same spirit and fight as we did at old trafford. His default condition is "not competing".

Well something between Poch and the club if he really said " we are not realistic contenders for any of this season's major prizes".
One day he says we need early signings
Months later he says we don't need signings
Now he leaves Toby and Tripps behind
and says we are not realistic contenders for any of this season's major prizes

I don't like it, doesn't sound healthy.

Not at all. But it does sound as if he doesn't expect us to seriously compete UNLESS we turn up tomorrow and show some of the same spirit and fight as we did at old trafford. His default condition is "not competing".

I think you're reading too much into it, to be honest.

I dint read it that way mate, I think he's basically saying that we forget silverware if we play as shit as the other day. And he's dead right.

Players, and he to be fair, need to get going tomorrow. Im glad he said the words "wake up call",

Yes- its all about the way you read it. And Poch has a tendency to arrange his words in strange ways. I consider it a victim of doing his thinking in spanish and speaking in english. I'm just going off the actual quote, unless that was wrong.

Aurier and Sanchez it is then.

herman-cain-smile.gif

Well something between Poch and the club if he really said " we are not realistic contenders for any of this season's major prizes".
One day he says we need early signings
Months later he says we don't need signings
Now he leaves Toby and Tripps behind
and says we are not realistic contenders for any of this season's major prizes

I don't like it, doesn't sound healthy.

WE ARENT REALISTIC CONTENDERS IF WE PERFORM THE WAY WE HAVE AGAINST WATFORD AND LIVERPOOL.

Why are people ignoring that part of it?

He isn't happy with those performances. We aren't happy with those performances.

WE ARENT REALISTIC CONTENDERS IF WE PERFORM THE WAY WE HAVE AGAINST WATFORD AND LIVERPOOL.

He isn't happy with those performances. We aren't happy with those performances.
Yes I wasn't given the whole script , blame the person who put the incomplete statement.

"I don’t think we’re realistic contenders in any single competition. That is my view."

Maybe he meant it to be a wakeup call, but, strictly dissected, he just said that.
I don't think he believes that, or intended to say that in that way, but, taken at face value, it seems pretty clear.

Putting aside what we think he meant, may I ask you if you think we are going to compete, Totti Totti ?

And he needs to give himself a kick up the arse as well, and stop fannying around with these weird systems and dodgy in-game management.

Perform like we did against Watford and Liverpool, then no we won't compete. Because those, especially Liverpool, were poor performances. Lazy, complacent performances.

"I don’t think we’re realistic contenders in any single competition. That is my view."

Maybe he meant it to be a wakeup call, but, strictly dissected, he just said that.
I don't think he believes that, or intended to say that in that way, but, taken at face value, it seems pretty clear.

'That is my view' wasn't the end of that sentence.

"I don’t think we’re realistic contenders in any single competition. That is my view if we show the same face we did against Watford and Liverpool, so difficult. If we show the face from some bits of Old Trafford, then maybe yes."

'That is my view' wasn't the end of that sentence.

"I don’t think we’re realistic contenders in any single competition. That is my view if we show the same face we did against Watford and Liverpool, so difficult."

Goddamn punctuation. Hope you are right Totti.
I'm just quoting the press here. They put a period where they put it.
And why the fuck aren't you in the football press corps already?

Goddamn punctuation. Hope you are right Totti.
I'm just quoting the press here. They put a period where they put it.
And why the fuck aren't you in the football press corps already?

We all know what the media are like towards Spurs. I'm surprised they didn't just leave it at "I don't think we're realistic competitors"

This isn't even one of those "up to own interpretations" type quotes, its quite clear what he said. Completely agree with his comments, he also has to look at himself though, this new system he's been playing is obviously not working, really thought he would go back to something more familiar against Liverpool and will be stunned if he continues to persist with the diamond, rather than go back to what we know in the coming weeks

This isn't even one of those "up to own interpretations" type quotes, its quite clear what he said. Completely agree with his comments, he also has to look at himself though, this new system he's been playing is obviously not working, really thought he would go back to something more familiar against Liverpool and will be stunned if he continues to persist with the diamond, rather than go back to what we know in the coming weeks

We both know the press are gonna run with that quote like it's olympic fucking torch.
Poch may find later that phrasing it that way was not a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom