Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif
art_bailing_water_from_boat_hg_clr.gif

Don't know why I bother watching these pre-season games. Utter waste of time, not even a new signing to have a look at.
Bring on the real stuff and make a fucking signing or two as the place needs freshening up regardless of how decent our squad is when all fit.

Who else remembers when ths site was 'love the shirt' win lose or draw whether it was the U18, U23, Ladies or the first team?
Half the posters on here these days are a fucking embarrassment to the club.

I love this club, always will do.

This doesn't however mean I'm not going to get concerned when our club doesn't sign a single player all Summer and a week before the season starts we look like a mess.

Just because I love something doesn't mean I'm going to blindly agree with everything it does. That's not how it works.

Oh do bore off with you're high horse bullshit!!!! No one here is moaning just because the academy boys lost today. We are frustrated and angry because our fucking idiot if a chairman has once again left us ill prepared with 6 days to go until the season. We have World Cup boys that probably won't be ready, but it's ok we got Luke Amos to step in. It's a shambles!!!

Melt

What if a League Two club wants one or two of our players but Pochettino thinks they are better than League Two level so rejects the offer? Or the players feels his development would be better at the club?

We're not 100% sure what goes on. I believe the loan system runs up until the end of August, so I assume if we loan it'll be after the 9th August deadline once we know the situation with our squad.

as you say no-one knows what goes on at the club, but having been involved with boys football I have an idea of how local clubs work, once you have the eye of the academy manager its hard to be dropped,
when they play 6th form school matches few dominate games as you would expect a kid who has been at an academy for 8-10 yrs should do
once these lads get to 17-18 they need to play against men so they can learn to skills and tricks they will need

Before the World Cup though, for all the club knew England and Belgium could both have gone out early.

This situation has been known for a month now. Plenty of time to have signed a couple of players to ease this problem. If we're selling Toby, we could have signed his replacement who'd then be an option to use next weekend. Same with Dembele. The fact that we haven't means we now might need to start someone like Amos in CM who isn't ready. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at a club as good as ours.

This situation has been known for a month now. Plenty of time to have signed a couple of players to ease this problem. If we're selling Toby, we could have signed his replacement who'd then be an option to use next weekend. Same with Dembele. The fact that we haven't means we now might need to start someone like Amos in CM who isn't ready. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at a club as good as ours.
I think Amos looks tidy to be honest.

The only thing I learned is how the blue hell that fucker nkoudou is still at this club? He's absolutely shocking and somehow even worse than sissoko at playing footie. There is no point to keeping him here when there are other academy players who are more promising being kept out for this fool.

It is not looking good for a number of reasons, world cup players having little preparation time, injuries, the continuing prescence of Llorente Sissoko and Nocando, the loss of a number of younger players like Bennetts, Griffiths and so on, the possibilty of losing Toby ( who really cares about Rose) and Dembele, and finally the lack of any players having come in.

That said, unless you can buy quality Mr Levy keep our wallet shut, we dont want Ings, Rondon, Mina and so on, give us Mcguire, Pulisic, Ndombele or Kovacic......... or dont bother.

Save it up till The next window, and for heavens sake, learn your lesson this time and dont be such a miserly bargain obsessed fool, it doesnt work anymore

It's not being a melt to say we were atrocious tonight, for whatever reason, anymore than its true to say that people spunked in their trolleys and thought we'd win the league after a fine first half vs Roma a week or so ago.

The only thing is that a number of people used those games to say how a 17-year-old Skipp and an Amos who has played a total of 16 games in Division Four might cover our weaknesses in central midfield. Tonight would suggest differently.

Which isn't to say they could or couldn't, just that it's generally not a good idea to reach a conclusion, however tentative, based on a preseason game, whichever way the result goes.

I remember watching this from our glorious Peace Cup win in 2004 and thinking that El Hamdaoui was going to be a Tottenham legend...

He never played again

It's not being a melt to say we were atrocious tonight, for whatever reason, anymore than its true to say that people spunked in their trolleys and thought we'd win the league after a fine first half vs Roma a week or so ago.

The only thing is that a number of people used those games to say how a 17-year-old Skipp and an Amos who has played a total of 16 games in Division Four might cover our weaknesses in central midfield. Tonight would suggest differently.

Which isn't to say they could or couldn't, just that it's generally not a good idea to reach a conclusion, however tentative, based on a preseason game, whichever way the result goes.

I remember watching this from our glorious Peace Cup win in 2004 and thinking that El Hamdaoui was going to be a Tottenham legend...

He never played again

I watched that game in bed with a mild hangover on the morning after a stag night in Prague. Good times

Who else remembers when ths site was 'love the shirt' win lose or draw whether it was the U18, U23, Ladies or the first team?
Half the posters on here these days are a fucking embarrassment to the club.
Quit the fucking bitching ffs.
Your melting all over every fucking thread at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom