Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well some of them are going to be needed next weekend in a proper Premier League game.
a full team can carry 1 lad but we can't carry 2 or 3 of these,
its not their fault we have no mouthy players to tell them what to do, (one of the few players who shouts is up for sale, toby)

or Poch and the players returning don't see coming in for the Newcastle game as a problem? Whilst it is likely match fitness won't be 100%. I doubt any team will be.

Possibly but I don't think Poch has a choice now. His choice is playing his strongest side who've had less than 1 week of pre-season training and no pre-season matches, or playing players who simply aren't ready. Imagine if Eriksen and Sanchez aren't around for next weekend!

a full team can carry 1 lad but we can't carry 2 or 3 of these,
its not their fault we have no mouthy players to tell them what to do, (one of the few players who shouts is up for sale, toby)

Yeah but we might need to play 3-4 of them. Sanchez and Foyth are injured and our other two CBs haven't returned from pre-season. Wanyama is injured and Dier hasn't returned. That's 3 places at least that seem like an issue.

Yeah but we might need to play 3-4 of them. Sanchez and Foyth are injured and our other two CBs haven't returned from pre-season. Wanyama is injured and Dier hasn't returned. That's 3 places at least that seem like an issue.

They are paid to play football. They've just been playing high level football at the worlds biggest international tournament. Pre-season has this misconception that these players will come back off their holidays overweight, unfit and unable to play football. Every single one of our players would likely have been given a plan by our coaches, dietitians etc. - probably working out in their spare time. Pre-season training next week for them simply just means they'll be joining up with the rest of the squad, not doing 10 laps round the training pitch like the olden days.

They will probably lack match fitness, but for some of them it's probably no different to when the Premier League stops for 2 weeks for an international break and those who didn't go on international duty don't play a competitive football game for 2 weeks.

Vertonghen, Kane, Dier, Eriksen, Son, Lucas, Lloris and Sanchez will all start. I'm 100% certain.

Trippier, Dembele, Alderweireld obviously all still up in the air as two of them could still yet be sold. I think Trippier will probably be rested for Aurier or KWP to be honest, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

Utter shambles. Totti Totti , before you start calling me out, I'm not just talking about this result. There's a strong possibility we will have no choice but to play Luke Amos against Newcastle. You are sitting here telling me it's not a squad problem ? That we don't need to spend ? I think you and Sammy need to crash back down to reality.

part of the problem for these lads is that Poch didn't let the lads go out on loan to learn to play with men,
so we are paying them to play U23 football, where no-one tackles, and its like walking football

Utter shambles. Totti Totti , before you start calling me out, I'm not just talking about this result. There's a strong possibility we will have no choice but to play Luke Amos against Newcastle. You are sitting here telling me it's not a squad problem ? That we don't need to spend ? I think you and Sammy need to crash back down to reality.

Our squad is fine, when EVERYONE IS FIT.

At the moment, we have our injury problems and sadly our best players decided to go an extra week at the World Cup (I know, right? Shameful). It's not ideal.

I imagine most of them will play against Newcastle though. At worst, Amos MAY have to play alongside Eriksen and Dier in central midfield. With the best striker in the league ahead of him and one of the best goalkeepers and defenders in the league behind him.

When did I say we don't need to spend?

You'd love for us to lose on the opening day wouldn't you? Just to say "I told you so" to everyone who has been comfortable up to this point.

They are paid to play football. They've just been playing high level football at the worlds biggest international tournament. Pre-season has this misconception that these players will come back off their holidays overweight, unfit and unable to play football. Every single one of our players would likely have been given a plan by our coaches, dietitians etc. - probably working out in their spare time. Pre-season training next week for them simply just means they'll be joining up with the rest of the squad, not doing 10 laps round the training pitch like the olden days.

Vertonghen, Kane, Dier, Eriksen, Son, Lucas, Lloris and Sanchez will all start. I'm 100% certain.

Trippier, Dembele, Alderweireld obviously all still up in the air as two of them could still yet be sold. I think Trippier will probably be rested for Aurier or KWP to be honest, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

They've still had no pre-season. The fact that teams come back weeks before the season starts and train every day and play some matches must mean something. Otherwise why bother? I just don't like the fact that we are now pressured into playing a load of these players because we have no other choice.

I fail to see how you can be 100% certain how all of those will start. Sanchez came off injured vs AC Milan and isn't involved tonight. I also don't know why Eriksen wouldn't have travelled with the squad for this game. Hopefully it's to do with something that isn't an injury.

They've still had no pre-season. The fact that teams come back weeks before the season starts and train every day and play some matches must mean something. Otherwise why bother? I just don't like the fact that we are now pressured into playing a load of these players because we have no other choice.

I fail to see how you can be 100% certain how all of those will start. Sanchez came off injured vs AC Milan and isn't involved tonight. I also don't know why Eriksen wouldn't have travelled with the squad for this game. Hopefully it's to do with something that isn't an injury.

We'll see.

part of the problem for these lads is that Poch didn't let the lads go out on loan to learn to play with men,
so we are paying them to play U23 football, where no-one tackles, and its like walking football

What if no one wants them?

Back
Top Bottom