Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone who thinks Kane shouldn’t start has lost their marbles.

We should be playing the best centre forward in the world in every big game and as others have said this is still a big game! If we are winning comfortably then we can take him off.

I agree Lucas should definitely start.

Totally agree

He didn’t play well on Saturday but not many did apart from Jan

Harry first on team sheet for me along with Eriksen, Dele etc but yes I would give Moura a start tonight

K my tonsils are swollen and white to the point they look like Brady’s tits. I want 3 points to make me feel better

Hugo
Aurier Davinson Jan Rose
Vik Dier
Moura Dele Eriksen
Kane

Big Vik to hammer into Groß

So that’s what Brady’s tits look like?

I’ve often wondered!

Blatant saddo....

Not so sure about that, it's whatPoch does a lot. Kane, Dele, Dier, Eriksen, Lloris, they've all had bad spells this season, where most managers would drop them but he keeps selecting them. To be fair I think he knows what it's like being a footballer and how confidence works. He knows they have the ability and attitude just bad form. If a young player is dropped despite trying their best they may start to believe they are not good enough.

Its a bit of both really, Dier is playing so much because Vic has been injured and average, Son and Lamela are no strangers to being hauled off when underperforming, and the full backs see the most rotation of course.

The problem with trying to force through good form is that it can take weeks, or months, and results can cost you along the way.

The City match had Poch in a right tiz....never seen so many ineffective tactical choices in one match, it was like he was throwing a dice. The simple choice would be to address the problem area...for me that was the striker, but if you dance around the issue trying to ease players back, you lose can games.

Hopefully we see a reaction tonight

Its a bit of both really, Dier is playing so much because Vic has been injured and average, Son and Lamela are no strangers to being hauled off when underperforming, and the full backs see the most rotation of course.

The problem with trying to force through good form is that it can take weeks, or months, and results can cost you along the way.

The City match had Poch in a right tiz....never seen so many ineffective tactical choices in one match, it was like he was throwing a dice. The simple choice would be to address the problem area...for me that was the striker, but if you dance around the issue trying to ease players back, you lose can games.

Hopefully we see a reaction tonight

A good post.

The solution is to have 2 strikers of repute and an up and coming one you trust.

Excited to see a bit more of Lucas tonight.

With all due respect to your point, we could see Roy of the Rovers donning his boots in our team alongside another unlikely 10 players as long as we win!

But yep anyone who can do the business.

Now is not the time for favoured players over those who are the most effective.

Sat here at my desk overlooking the Amex stadium, my wife at home 6-days overdue, and my colleague who's father-in-law has a box at the stadium is still generously making sure I know that a ticket is mine for free if I want it.

The team bus will drive past my window in a moment and ill go postal.

I don't think Kane is just having a bad spell. When returning from previous injuries or having quiet goal spells he normally runs about the pitch causing problems one way or another.

He can't run though!
He looked exhausted after only 30 mins against Citeh, and was the same at Stoke.
He looked better to me for those 20 against chavs than the following 2 games combined.

I am guessing his ankle still isn't right, he has not been training fully and this is why he does not at all look like he is just rusty, he isn't anywhere near a reasonable fitness level.

Just for clarity, in case people are having the wrong idea.... if Kane is able to run and sprint pretty much like normal, but is just a tad rusty (control, passing etc) due to no matches, then great... Play him. Obviously!

I'm both concerned for his health, and also believe a fully fit Sonny is a much better option for our team than the Kane we have seen in the last 2 games.
If the above is right then Poch is wrong to start him plus we were doing excellent while he was injured. We need 100% fit injury free Kane.
How do you know all this info?

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies

Wanyama
Eriksen Dele

Lucas Kane Son

(4-3-3) We won't line up like this, but I'd like to see it... I'd rest Sanchez as I think the City game killed him...

Also, I'm not buying that playing a midfield 3 like that would leave us too exposed when City practically play with 5 forwards and one holding midfielder.

I reckon Alderweireld will start tonight, alongside Sanchez. Jan is due a well earned rest, and ahead of the semi final it'll be good for him to get that, also Toby gets the minutes.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies -
- Dier - Wanyama -
- Son - Eriksen - Dele -
- Kane -
Dembele to be rested as we need him on form for Saturday. Dier and Wanyama may be a bit too defensive, so maybe Eriksen drop in CM and Moura starts? Or Sissoko in CM?

Sat here at my desk overlooking the Amex stadium, my wife at home 6-days overdue, and my colleague who's father-in-law has a box at the stadium is still generously making sure I know that a ticket is mine for free if I want it.

Just do it. The missus will be fine.
That’s what mobile phones were invented for.

I am divorced by the way, so may not be the best person to take advice from at this delicate time

Do you work up at the uni?
Nah, business park just up the Falmer Road.

Can i also add that I moved to Brighton ten years ago and each season I have been praying for Brighton to come up so I could finally have a nice jolly-boys evening watching the yids without all the fucking hastle of getting to WHL/Wembley.

Lump on to Brighton getting relegated now fellas. Its a banker.

Awwww.... if she's 6 days overdue already, what's one more day??
In my experience, 6 days over usually means she'll hang on till the weekend... didn't have any Spurs plans on Saturday did ya???

Take the ticket and enjoy yourself... it's the last chance you'll get to go to footie guilt-free for a few years once the baby arrives!

(In all honesty, good luck with the baby and all that)

I assume you'll be calling it Harry for a boy, and Harriet if it's a girl??
...or how about Rodney...? after Dave!

:kanehand:

Can i also add that I moved to Brighton ten years ago and each season I have been praying for Brighton to come up so I could finally have a nice jolly-boys evening watching the yids without all the fucking hastle of getting to WHL/Wembley.

think you're right - they have got an absolutely humming run-in
us
burnley
utd
scouse
city

I went to uni down there, remember they started building the Amex the year I left. Went to a few games at the withdean with my brighton supporting pal, that was a shitehole of a stadium. Loved living there though, great place to be

Back
Top Bottom