Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Time to get the City game out of our system. Bigger fish to fry at the weekend but we still need to be professional.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama
Sissoko - Dele
Eriksen
Son - Lucas
0-2

Time to get the City game out of our system. Bigger fish to fry at the weekend but we still need to be professional.

Lloris
Wanyama
Sissoko - Dele
Eriksen
Son - Lucas
0-2

No Kane? :kaneear:
I agree he is not fit and he could do with the rest, but Sadly i don’t expect Poch to drop him

No Kane? :kaneear:
I agree he is not fit and he could do with the rest, but Sadly i don’t expect Poch to drop him

Made my feeling clear in the City OMT.

Fuck the Golden Boot. We have bigger fish to fry. Man Utd is the MUCH more important game here and we have shown we are capable of scoring and winning comfortably without Kane, so get him some much needed rest here, maybe bring him on with 25 minutes to play and get him ready for the Semi Final

2-2. Think this will be a really good game
2-2 might make it a good game... but it would be a fucking frustrating result!

We don't play a league game next weekend remember... if, like you suggest, we drop points on Tuesday, and Chelsea don't (I assume.. I always assume they won't) then that'll cut the lead down to 5 points.... which is two wins basically! That's why however 'good' the game is... I'd rather a stinker, and 3 points ta! We're too late in the season to worry about 'Good games' Brucie!

I'd hate to be going into the last few games with those cunts still breathing down our necks...
Create as big a gap as possible, as soon as possible! Thankfully, the Arse are almost out of the equation... but Chelsea fucking aren't yet!

Lloris
Wanyama
Sissoko - Dele
Eriksen
Son - Lucas
0-2

Interesting line up - agree. I concur dropping Kane would be the right thing to do. Would like to see Wanyama get more game time as well, and Lucas.

2-2 might make it a good game... but it would be a fucking frustrating result!

We don't play a league game next weekend remember... if, like you suggest, we drop points on Tuesday, and Chelsea don't (I assume.. I always assume they won't) then that'll cut the lead down to 5 points.... which is two wins basically! That's why however 'good' the game is... I'd rather a stinker, and 3 points ta! We're too late in the season to worry about 'Good games' Brucie!

I'd hate to be going into the last few games with those cunts still breathing down our necks...
Create as big a gap as possible, as soon as possible! Thankfully, the Arse are almost out of the equation... but Chelsea fucking aren't yet!
Very true . Completely forgot about Chelsea winning .

not sure if it's worth mentioning but if we win we'll be mathematically guaranteed to Finish above Woolwich
Yup... 'only' 2 points now needed!

Which makes it even more galling that we couldn't have collected at least one of those last night, to all but secure it, on the 27th Anniversary of the Original **St.Hotspur's Day!

**which, if Greek Mythology is to be believed, is where the idea of all the 'St. Totteringham's Day' nonsense was hatched... we were the originators who started it!! ...and that was before The Internet!!

not sure if it's worth mentioning but if we win we'll be mathematically guaranteed to Finish above Woolwich
Aye. A win gives us a 16 point gap with Woolwich then only having 15 to play for.

Funny thing is... even though seeing them lose earlier on today against Newcastle made me smile, it didn't make me laugh quite like it used to - instead, the uninspired loss against Man City yesterday is the main thing on my mind.

That is how far Woolwich have fallen and how irrelevant they're becoming to us. Losing for the first time in the league in 2018 (to easily the best team) has caused far more discussion on this forum than the chance to finish above Woolwich for the second time in a row in only two days' time has.
:sonhmm:

Don't care, top 4 is more important. All 3 points needed here I feel. Chelsea will keep on winning so we need to keep a healthy gap. Lets go into the Utd game on the back of a good win, a good performance and loads of confidence. COYS

Yup... 'only' 2 points now needed!

Which makes it even more galling that we couldn't have collected at least one of those last night, to all but secure it, on the 27th Anniversary of the Original **St.Hotspur's Day!

**which, if Greek Mythology is to be believed, is where the idea of all the 'St. Totteringham's Day' nonsense was hatched... we were the originators who started it!! ...and that was before The Internet!!
Agree we did start it....
Yesterday, 14th April was, we beat the scum 3-1, at Wembley day. I can remember handing out a few postcards to remind people (before the internet and St Tott day).

Aye. A win gives us a 16 point gap with Woolwich then only having 15 to play for.

Funny thing is... even though seeing them lose earlier on today against Newcastle made me smile, it didn't make me laugh quite like it used to - instead, the uninspired loss against Man City yesterday is the main thing on my mind.

That is how far Woolwich have fallen and how irrelevant they're becoming to us. Losing for the first time in the league in 2018 (to easily the best team) has caused far more discussion on this forum than the chance to finish above Woolwich for the second time in a row in only two days' time has.
:sonhmm:
Lets all be laughing at em when they win the EL? Im depressed with the idea of them winning.

Back
Top Bottom