Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As far as I can see, the backups (largely) weren't the problem. It's Son, Johnson and Kulu. How many chances does a player need to score? How many dodgy 1v1s, how many times giving the ball away cos you're too weak?

It's ridiculous.

Recurring theme between the last 2 games... If your back 4 is significantly weakened; the attack needs to step up to the plate.

(Vice versa if your attacking is ravaged by injury.)

Ange needs to start calling out the refs accountable in his press conferences. This nice guy stuff just means the cowardly refs feel free to make calls against us - cause they know they won’t be called out for it. Don’t think Ange’s tactics are naive but his undeserved respectful treatment towards the refs is 100% naive

Parking the bus worked well last season didn’t it!

We didn’t have the personnel in centre of defence to park the bus. We’d have only been peppered with long balls and conceded more goals.
Plus we won games with the Kane/Son combination sometimes working miracles ... and the more important half of that has gone.

Our first choice starting 11 have less injuries than a lot of teams. Today we had 3 first choice players out injured. VDV, Maddison & Sarr. The previous 2 games, we had VDV & Maddison injured.

We were missing 5 starters and 4 last week.... And have now just lost Bentancur again after 30mins.

Why bend the truth to our dis-service?

In tough times, we need to be resolute; not unfairly dish out extra shit.

We were missing 5 starters and 4 last week.... And have now just lost Bentancur again after 30mins.

Who were the 5 first choice 11 starters that were injured in our starting 11 today?

Why have a plan B when plan A is so good?

Think About It GIF by Identity

With Harry(or any decent striker) and another decent CB in this team we would be ripping teams apart!!
Yes maybe...but we don't and we are not are we ??

I think Johnson is very lazy without the ball. Doesn’t press aggressively enough or works back quick enough. Being at the games you see it so clearly. He has something though and looks a threat at times. Strange player who needs to believe in himself more or grow a heart.

I terms of performance in general; he's still somewhat carrying his newbie-pass, BUT if what you describe is true; it simply can't continue....... He's young, pacey and athletic.... He should be eating up the yardage to impress his new gaffa.

Who were the 5 first choice 11 starters that were injured in our starting 11 today?

Injured or banned matters not; "Missing" is missing.

By the 30 min mark we were missing:

Romero
VDV
Biss
Sarr
Benta
Maddison

And playing our 6th choice winger (Gil) cos we have 3 wingers injured too.

Moan about CBs; fine.... but the rest is bollocks.

To be 1-0 up in ALL our last 3 games, and LOSE ALL THREE is naive at best, and downright stupid at worst!

Chelsea was a write off after the reds and the double injuries... But at least get a draw in one or two of them!!

If you want to actually read my original post, I clearly said injured players, not suspended

The guy you quoted never said injured in the first place you melt.

But for clarification, those were the five starters we were missing today incase you needed more clarification.

Or would you like them again?

So is ange still the messiah ? I think he's the right man for us right now..
But no he's not top class..
Hes perfect for levy, plays football the right way but has no plan B.
Anybody still think our squad is OK..?
No defenders and no strikers, it was obvious what was coming, ange just papered over a load of cracks at the start....
This is not going to be an enjoyable season, I don't see us getting many points in the near future either. .
This is not going to be an enjoyable season,……….
well I’ll make a bold statement it will be a helluva better a season than the last two and that’s including qualifying for the champions league ……

Agreed. We outplayed Villa for a lot of that game, IMO the backups weren't the problem, even the defence wasn't really that big of a problem, I don't think we conceded many more changes than we usually do, but the forwards, who weren't backups, missed countless chances which is inexcusable.

We might be the least clinical team in the league right now.

Back
Top Bottom