Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be a different conversation if we scored from a dozen or so of great chances created today. We're in unheard of run of bad luck
Unfortunately this would seem to be a bit of a common theme. We had enough good chances to win 3 matches. We always seem to give opposing keepers the chance to make world class saves. We just seem to lack the clinical edge in front of goal.

No

t sure why Gil is getting some strong criticism ? First start of the season. He held the ball well and was available for a pass on the left. He chased and pressed and made some nice little runs. Now compare with the effort Johnson put in. I wasn’t keen on his signing and so far I have not seen anything to justify his fee. Exactly what is his main skill set? I don’t think I’ve seen him take on and beat a player once., keep repeating his lack of effort is the worry. He never tracks back or even runs around to press.,
Clear penalty and elbow on Gil a sending off offence…..Nothing as VAR had a temporary glitch. Would someone state that what happened against Liverpool was not our fault.

I definitely have faith in Ange but I don't think its unreasonable to wonder about a plan B here and there where circumstances warrant it .We are very unlikely to get a full squad of top players so we need someone to work with some different levels of players.We have had terrible bad luck with all the injuries coming at the same time so we will to suck it up especially over the next while .Hopefully we will still be within touch of top four when the injury situation clears up .

You don't get it do you? This is about the bigger picture, forget short term results. We all wanted a change in mentality from the players AND the fans, and this is how you do it. This is how we play now, who we are.

Fuck the here and now we are building for the future and everyone needs to get on the train and get ready for the ups and downs, it will make us stronger in the end. The players trust Ange and we all need to too.
I get it, the players get it. I see and they see how Posto wants to play. But sometimes you can't, you have to adapt. We are not going to lose sight of his vision by wavering a little.
You make the best of what you have not carry on regardless blinkered.

It's the kind of moment when you would like to have Naylor or Van den Hauwe on the pitch.
You say that but if Romero was on and gave out some revenge and got red carded he’d be slated for letting the team down and he’s a liability.
Van Den Hauwe would have tackled his neck at the first opportunity though! Do you remember his tackle with Pearce at Forest in a midweek game??
Pure and utter violence from both of them but both got up and you could see the respect for each other. Nowadays both would be red carded 🤣

Back
Top Bottom