Spurs V Motherwell Friendly Friday 9th Dec 1pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About time the real football started again.

Our Conte-preferred available 11 is most likely:

Forster
Tanganga - Sanchez - Lenglet
Emerson - Skipp - White - Sess
Kulusevski - Lucas - Gil

I doubt we'll see this 11 starting though. Most likely the chance for some youngster like Paskotsi, Devine, Spence etc. to get some minutes, since they won't get any during the rest of the season...

Ha
Haha
Hahahaha
All made sense until you mentioned Spence.
Conte starts himself on RWB role ahead of him. Or any janitor for the sake of it :D .

But seriously speaking - I think it is combination of both.
Some youngsters might get their chance (and as Estonian I am specially rooting for mentioned Paskotši ofc), but main consideration is to give senior players some match sharpness + to see how they have understood the drills and systems they have been working during WC time + maybe test some tactical aspects in more competitive situation.

Davies said by Football London/Alistair Gold to be out injured until new year - similar timescale to Bentancur.

So definitely out for Motherwell, Nice and ...... Brentford games

Strongest team we could realistically put out, only real unknown is RWB

Forster
Sánchez, Tanganga, Lenglet,
Doherty or Emerson, Bissouma, Skipp, Sessegnon
Kulusevski, Lucas, Gil​

Subs : Austin, Doherty/Emerson, Spence, White, Sarr,

Plus Youngsters for bench where we are positionally weak :
CB's (Paskotsi or BLF or Walcott or Sayers), CM/AM (Devine) , Forwards (Donley and Lankshear)

Son's just back from World Cup so doubt he'll appear, Bentancur and Davies injured, Hojbjerg I'd rest as he's played a lot, Sarr I'd include as he's hardly played for Spurs or at World Cup.

Strongest team we could realistically put out, only real unknown is RWB

Forster
Sánchez, Tanganga, Lenglet,
Doherty or Emerson, Bissouma, Skipp, Sessegnon
Kulusevski, Lucas, Gil​

Subs : Austin, Doherty/Emerson, Spence, White, Sarr,

Plus Youngsters for bench where we are positionally weak :
CB's (Paskotsi or BLF or Walcott or Sayers), CM/AM (Devine) , Forwards (Donley and Lankshear)

Son's just back from World Cup so doubt he'll appear, Bentancur and Davies injured, Hojbjerg I'd rest as he's played a lot, Sarr I'd include as he's hardly played for Spurs or at World Cup.
Be good if Donley or Lankshear get minutes playing upfront and hopefully Devine gets a chance.

Be good if Donley or Lankshear get minutes playing upfront and hopefully Devine gets a chance.

With the first team squad players available, there's no depth of forwards or AM's to have on bench, Dane Scarlett is on loan at Portsmouth with a match on Saturday so cannot see him being able to play in Friday's friendly, so I think he has to bring in a couple of youngsters and those 3 are the best we have and although still u18's I think all have the physical presence necessary to play in men's football already as well as the technical skills.

In terms of CB's, again no depth in squad we have there's a few options in u21's, although I suspect both Doherty and Emerson could play CB if Conte wanted.

But we'll see tomorrow if I'm right

FjiPAQbX0AAesOp

3-5-2

Back
Top Bottom