SPURS v MOSCOW ...battle for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get your sentiments. The overriding thing for me is winning a trophy not finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Surely the odds of winning the Europa are better than winning the PL. I want to see cups in the cabinet not hollow league placement. Strip away the money for league placing, there are no bragging rights really. There are for winning trophies though.
I fully agree. I remember winning the league cup in 99 and 08 more fondly than Crouchie's goal which sealed the CL, or any game of last season.

If it was up to me I would say take tonight seriously. Try and go on a run in the league, and if winning it is beyond us when the EL returns, play our best team in the EL and rest players in some selected league games (not against Arse, Chelsea or West Ham).

Reasons:
- there's more glory in winning trophies
- we are long overdue a trophy
- finished third last year
- we can mock the scum for only winning the 4th place cup
- if it fails a season without European football might allow us a title push (though possibly next season- at Wembley- is not the right one for this).

But money rules football so this isn't what will happen, I'm afraid.

For the first time i will be up in the gods in block 552 row 1 , Apparently full of posh people at the Monaco game but should be good view ;)

Whos going ? weren't going but picked up my ticket and slipped it into my wallet on the way out to work this morning, thinking what if I get the buzz and aint got me ticket, was 20/80 at 6.am now up to 75/25 in favour of going

All these free tickets and instead of being in London for the Yellowcard gig this week I convinced my mate to come up here instead. I feel like such a dick now :pochfacepalm:

Aw come on you miserable bunch... let's just fucking enjoy it tonight shall we?
No pressure... Nothing to lose (except Qualification for the EL) ...and Toby's back!!
look who's pleased; :vert::llorishuh:

WIN WIN all day long!
:levylol:

...besides, it might be the last CL game for a while eh? So make the most of it!!
:pochbye::levystare:

Spurs wheeling out the big guns to try & get people to turn up.....

Estimates of attendance anyone?

Don't think we'll be breaking that record again but still think 75,000+

Although probably the most important consideration is how attendance is calculated. We all know Woolwich report their attendances on tickets sold rather than people who turn up. That's a big factor on a night like tonight. I assume we're going to report them in the honest way, because we're not cunts.

Chap I sit next to at WHL is one of the noveau Champions League or nothing fans, wants us to lose. He has a ticket but isn't going - I know there will be others with that mentality but I guess it's just how many?

Think we'll be lucky with 60k tonight tbh, only our real fans will be turning up

Hoping the green man will have a buzzing atmosphere pre game as don't wanna walk into a quite boozer with some old fella's that live down the road lol

Back
Top Bottom