SPURS v MOSCOW ...battle for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

John Thomas

"One of our own"
My first ever match thread. So thought I better get it in early before someone else starts one. The Juande Ramos Derby ?
The eagerly awaited showdown at Wembley Stadium between the Glorious Tottenham Hotspur and CSKA from Moscow, Russia, in the 4th place shoot out to avoid Thursday nights in far flung, lowly football outposts such as Astra Giurgu, Qarabag FK and Old Trafford.
A point or a defeat will do it for Putins boys, whereas a win or draw for Spurs sees us drop into Europe's consolation cup.
The question on Everyone's lips is will the Poch Man really go for glory with the likes of Onomah, Vorm, Carter Vickers and Winks ?... Or will he surprise us all by giving a run out to Kane, Dele, Hugo etc and risk the unthinkable.
With an estimated 85000 tickets sold for the clash, the atmosphere is sure to be an electrifying mix of anticipation and celebration of our final match in this seasons Premier European competition
So, what of our Opponents
PFC Central Sport Club of the Army, Moscow.
The club was formed in 1905 and play at the Arena CSKA which holds 30,000
Their nickname is the horses, and they are managed by the wonderfully named Leo Slutsky. Slutsky took over from former much loved Spurs boss Juande Ramos in 2009.
He was a goalkeeper, but had to retire at just 19 after he fell out of a tree trying to rescue a cat.
CSKA have had many different names down the years, including Experimental & Demonstrational Playground of Military Administration. They have always had strong links to the Ministry of defence, both in the Soviet and Putin eras.
They recently balloted their members on the colour of their away strip. Pink wasn't an option.
They currently sitting 3rd in the RPL behind Zenit and local rivals Spartak
Famous fans include Mikhail Youzhny and Igor Butman.

So, the stage is set. Wembley awaits. The countdown begins.

JT prediction.

Spurs 0 CSKA 0

Edit. this is of course slightly tongue in cheek. I'll be there hoping for a thumping Spurs victory and look forward to Europa League glory in May

I'm hoping we rotate the squad and give playing time to anybody needing it, and give a rest to anyone needing it.
If we play ourselves into Europa League , cool- more such playing time, and, if not, then we just focus on the League for the rest of the year.

Man Utd away coming up after this. Much more important game.

Vorm
Trippier - CCV - Wimmer - Davies
Winks - Dier
Sissoko - Alli - Son
Janssen

1-1​

My first ever match thread. So thought I better get it in early before someone else starts one. The Juande Ramos Derby ?
The eagerly awaited showdown at Wembley Stadium between the Glorious Tottenham Hotspur and CSKA from Moscow, Russia, in the 4th place shoot out to avoid Thursday nights in far flung, lowly football outposts such as Astra Giurgu, Qarabag FK and Old Trafford.
A point or a defeat will do it for Putins boys, whereas a win or draw for Spurs sees us drop into Europe's consolation cup.
The question on Everyone's lips is will the Poch Man really go for glory with the likes of Onomah, Vorm, Carter Vickers and Winks ?... Or will he surprise us all by giving a run out to Kane, Dele, Hugo etc and risk the unthinkable.
With an estimated 85000 tickets sold for the clash, the atmosphere is sure to be an electrifying mix of anticipation and celebration of our final match in this seasons Premier European competition
Their nickname is the horses, and they are managed by the wonderfully named Leo Slutsky. Slutsky took over from former much loved Spurs boss Juande Ramos in 2009.
He was a goalkeeper, but had to retire at just 19 after he fell out of a tree trying to rescue a cat.
CSKA have had many different names down the years, including Experimental & Demonstrational Playground of Military Administration. They have always had strong links to the Ministry of defence, both in the Soviet and Putin eras.
They recently balloted their members on the colour of their away strip. Pink wasn't an option.

JT prediction.

Spurs 0 CSKA 0

Edit. this is of course slightly tongue in cheek. I'll be there hoping for a thumping Spurs victory and look forward to Europa League glory in May
Only game I could get to due to work commitments. Am just looking forward to meeting my son at Euston, going on the piss, watching Spurs under the floodlights, at Wembley, then having a few more beers in the hotel bar rather than having to make the trip back across London to Woodford. I'm happy to be able to go. Obviously would have been delirious had we gone into the game with a chance of progressing. But I'm not complaining. Don't get to see Spurs as often as I'd like, & rarely have the opportunity to catch up with my son. To be able to do both on the same day is Christmas come early. Let's go out of the CL with a bang rather than a whimper.
3-0 Spurs. Ramos with a hat trick.

Man Utd away coming up after this. Much more important game.

Vorm
Trippier - CCV - Wimmer - Davies
Winks - Dier
Sissoko - Alli - Son
Janssen

1-1​
But if we play a weakened team, lose, then lose again to Man Utd, we're double fucked. Surely we just learned that lesson. The more a settled team play together, the stronger they become. If a full strength team thumps Moscow, I'd fancy there chances at Old Trafford

Last edited:
But if we play a weakened team, then lose to Man Utd, we're double fucked. Surely we just learned that lesson. The more a settled team play together, the stronger they become. If a full strength team thumps Moscow, I'd fancy there chances at Old Trafford

I don't think that team would lose to Moscow. If they do, they don't deserve Europa League football.

Can we just not play this game?
Turn back the clock just 10 years. We suddenly have a match at Wembley Stadium with the chance to reach the last 32 of the UEFA cup. Tickets would be sought after like gold nuggets. This thread would already be 50 pages long. Let's not get too fucking Woolwich about this. Enjoy the occasion. Who knows, we may even need this competition to reach next seasons CL. Imagine the glory of lifting another European trophy. We Are Spurs

Turn back the clock just 10 years. We suddenly have a match at Wembley Stadium with the chance to reach the last 32 of the UEFA cup. Tickets would be sought after like gold nuggets. This thread would already be 50 pages long. Let's not get too fucking Woolwich about this. Enjoy the occasion. Who knows, we may even need this competition to reach next seasons CL. Imagine the glory of lifting another European trophy. We Are Spurs
Are you doing a sammyspurs sammyspurs on us you rum cunt? Just kidding. Am loving the positivity from all the good posters in here. You are bob on with your optimism for this game. It's a win/win for us. Obviously we'd all love to be playing our reserves, having qualified. It wasn't to be, so we can parachute into the EL. If we do, great. If we don't, then there is one less distraction. No biggie. I'd like to buy you a beer mate. I understand your scepticism even if I don't agree with it sometimes. If you're around pre match, let's have a beer & a laugh. I think this game could be a huge lads day out. Why should any of us ruin it wondering if it will be the youth team or the full strength? Let's Just enjoy it. Maybe we can have a few more nights out around Europe & at Wembley. If not, so what?
A weird part of me is relieved that there is fuck all to worry about going into this one. But maybe I'm trying to make myself happy out of a bad deal. I'm just looking forward to a great night out. Now entertain me you cunts...

The club should refund all ticket funds back to the supporters . After a washout campaign
the Booby prize of the Ropey cup , which being honest we have no more chance of winning it
than years before is exciting as a wet weekend in Khazistan ( we may play them if we qualify ) .
Poch won't take it serious if we have any chance of top 4 , he will juggle and it will suffocate us as
always . Our squad has not enough depth ,quality to compete on more than one front , our
recent history tells no lies .

Like Boltonspur Boltonspur this was the only Wembley match I could get to, also it will be the first experience for 2 of my boys of going to see Spurs and at Wembley. Shame we're not playing to get into the next round of the CL, however it does relieve some of the negative atmosphere which could be in the crowd. Looking at this as being a positive experience for the boys and hopefully they will want to go to more matches.

2-1 win to us.

Shame I can't give that post an agree and a like, what a great way of looking at this match.
:adesalute:

JT prediction.

Spurs 0 CSKA 0

Ok come clean, you write for the official spurs website don't you??!

Mr approval for this post can only be expressed by the particular smiley :avbdamn:

Like Boltonspur Boltonspur this was the only Wembley match I could get to, also it will be the first experience for 2 of my boys of going to see Spurs and at Wembley. Shame we're not playing to get into the next round of the CL, however it does relieve some of the negative atmosphere which could be in the crowd. Looking at this as being a positive experience for the boys and hopefully they will want to go to more matches.

2-1 win to us.
Best of luck to the both of you... even better to your boys, they deserve to see us do well.
Even if we play a weak team I hope we play an attractive style. One that your boys will want to come back for
they must feel the pain first hand! :adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom