Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big picture: Leicester this weekend finishes off an incredibly testing run of matches and we've done unbelievably well overall. Even with these two recent disappointments, we could easily have won them on another day. So yes it's heartbroking tonight, but overall the plan is working and we should only get increasingly cohesive going forward.

25 points from 13. It’s less than 2 points a game. The bar is a lot lower this season. we’ve dropped 7 points in injury time now against Newcastle, Spammers and Dippers and dropped 2 more points on 82 minutes against Palace. We’ve a lot a work to do still in seeing out the job.
This is the reason why I think we need to bin this defensive game plan and go all out. Our defence isn't good enough to consistently hold out, especially from set pieces. Bale, Tanguy and lo celso should start every match. Sure, we'll concede a few more goals but I think we'll score far more than we currently are too. How many teams would be able to contain that sort of firepower?

We coulda been 4-1 dowm at half time and out of it...
We SHOULDA snuck that 2-1 in the 2nd half....

The manner in which we lost felt 'old Spurs' yet the expectatiom that we're gutted to have lost the way we did speaks volumes.

He says that now that we've lost. When he put Reguilon on it was clear he was playing for the draw.

Same shit against Palace last week.

We could have won this game, but that doesn't happen if you essentially give up by removing 30% of your offense in the final minutes at 1-1.
He should have replaced Kane.

If we played the whole match like we did the second half I think we'd have won, let alone draw. First 45 minutes was wasted outside of the one chance that turned into a goal.

Disagreed because of the last part. He wasn't great but no way can he be blamed for the winner. He wasn't on Firmino for that corner and then there's the fact that if you're blaming your striker for a goal conceded, your defence has almost always done something badly wrong.
Fair point man. I do feel like that was Harry's space to deal with unless he gets a shout. But i take your point.

Still genuinely amazed we went 5 at the back. Left ourselves with zero creative midfielders and brought Dele Alli on.

We deserved what we got.

The Dele sub was baffling. 1-1 late and looking for a draw is a perfect time for Ndombele to run around and waste time with cute tricks. Yea Dele did ok but he just plain doesn't deserve a sub in this game on current form.

The problem for the people making it a binary choice between Bergwin and Bale are delusional. Bale plays the maje hay down his side. We need a player with work rate that ain't Bale we need a player with match winning quality that ain't Bergwin neither are the answer

Back
Top Bottom