Spurs v Forest 11-Mar-23. 3pm ko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10 goals would be an insane number for a DM; not some matter of fact thing to casually "add to his game".
Yup, Eriksen never scored more than 10 league goals for us in a season. Son was averaging like 12 goals before Mourinho came and made it all about Kane creating chances for Son.

He does need to work on shooting from outside the box though, PEH has done that and it made him a much more valuable player.

As others have mentioned, never seen so many half&half scarves being worn as I did yesterday, horrible things. Atmosphere pretty flat, which was probably expected and didn’t hear any ‘Conte out’ or ‘Poch in’ type singing, but with Forest being so poor and us winning so easily it explains that. Most of the Spurs singing was half-hearted at best. I know Harry scored a brace but I would give MoM to Skipp, thought he was excellent and really involved in the game. Son’s goal was nice for two reasons, firstly because he took it well and secondly, because it reminded me that Aurier really is a piss poor defender. He was all over the place for that goal.

I watched the 30 minutes highlights programme on Sky this morning and for the life of me cannot see how Richarlison’s goal was offside. What’s so annoying about it is that we’re given one camera angle of it and that’s it. That angle showed nothing conclusive to say it was offside. Kulu’s handball on the other hand (sorry) must have had 5-6 different camera angles available for studying by the ref. Why am I not surprised?

Their penalty they got for handball looked like it was outside the box anyway. Which brings me onto the match against West Ham where VAR didn't even review the obvious handball against them. VAR really does pick and choose its moments.

The offside decision was farcical.

No anti Conte/pro Poch stuff that I heard. Our little corner were trying to get stuff going but overall the atmosphere was a 4 out of 10.
Same here. No anti-Conte or pro-Poch. Atmosphere was really flat all game considering it was a good win with a fair bit of attacking football.

I think fans are just bit too empty at the moment to muster much cheer

Their penalty they got for handball looked like it was outside the box anyway. Which brings me onto the match against West Ham where VAR didn't even review the obvious handball against them. VAR really does pick and choose its moments.

It's ironic. VAR was supposed to be this completely impartial leveller to ensure fairness and equality but it just seems to be another tool that certain refs can shaft certain teams.

Gotta be honest; I didn't think twice about the handball...... Looked nailed on unless the ball wasn't actually in the box.

Gotta be honest; I didn't think twice about the handball...... Looked nailed on unless the ball wasn't actually in the box.
It’s not that though, like the ball obviously hits his hand. It’s that there’s no consistency. One week intent matters (for some strange reason), and the next it doesn’t.

I understand that judgment is always a factor. So, let’s just stick with no replays and judgment in the first place.

It's ironic. VAR was supposed to be this completely impartial leveller to ensure fairness and equality but it just seems to be another tool that certain refs can shaft certain teams.
My theory is abit tin hat but if you ever needed a tool to manipulate the way football matches go then VAR is perfect.

Football is well renowned for being about 'entertainment' and for me it's no coincidence that last season on the last day there was still everything to play for.

It was close but like mentioned its the inconsistency. Why look at yesterdays but not the one in the West Ham match. Pretty irrelevant now but it's very frustrating.

Also, the lack of respect that the VAR system has for the fans in the stadium is outrageous.

As others have mentioned, never seen so many half&half scarves being worn as I did yesterday, horrible things. Atmosphere pretty flat, which was probably expected and didn’t hear any ‘Conte out’ or ‘Poch in’ type singing, but with Forest being so poor and us winning so easily it explains that. Most of the Spurs singing was half-hearted at best. I know Harry scored a brace but I would give MoM to Skipp, thought he was excellent and really involved in the game. Son’s goal was nice for two reasons, firstly because he took it well and secondly, because it reminded me that Aurier really is a piss poor defender. He was all over the place for that goal.

I watched the 30 minutes highlights programme on Sky this morning and for the life of me cannot see how Richarlison’s goal was offside. What’s so annoying about it is that we’re given one camera angle of it and that’s it. That angle showed nothing conclusive to say it was offside. Kulu’s handball on the other hand (sorry) must have had 5-6 different camera angles available for studying by the ref. Why am I not surprised?
I was taking 2 guys who haven’t been to the new stadium and the half and half was so prevalent (we were discussing how on earth it could possibly be a viable business plan given they print the date on - but it obviously is). Also I must’ve said “atmosphere isn’t normally this flat, must be the hangover from Wednesday” 3 times 😂

Overall a solid performance, thought Richie was outstanding. Still wonder how much it was down to Forest not being particularly good. A win next Saturday before the international break a must.

A win next Saturday before the international break a must.
I cannot believe we have an international break 3 months after a fucking World Cup. UEFA and FIFA are a bloody joke.

We're coming in to the absolute crunch period of the season and we're expected to send our VERY highly paid players all over the globe to risk them getting injured. What a load of old shit.

I’m sure every team says the same thing as we see thing differently for our own team , however I honestly don’t see how Richie can be offside for that goal , for the amount of money that is involved in Football I’m not sure how refs can have no accountability for the decisions they make!
Those were stats, not a feeling tho

Back
Top Bottom