Spurs Supporters Get Everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

here goes:

http://imgur.com/delete/Hn3CiLTCvb4tbEO
Hn3CiLTCvb4tbEO

Can't believe I posted on here that long ago!!!!!
Anyway, Iceland last winter, couldn't get to the supporters club out there to watch the gooner game in the Carabo cup as we were chasing the Northern Lights (saw them for about a millisecond!), but I did meet a supporter walking down the street in Reykjavik.
Few months ago, at the theatre and noticed the guy in front of me had the Spurs app on his phone.
In Madeira last week, disappointed that I didn't meet anyone, but met Leicester fan and Scousers!
Then yesterday, sitting next to me on the plane to Malta, noticed the guy sitting next to me was scrolling through photos of the stadium. Turned out he was a South Korean, studying English in Malta for three months. Gave him the address of the supporters club in Valletta :)

There I was taking a tour bus to a zip line experience in Victoria, Vancouver Island and the driver turns out to be originally from Bethnal Green, East London. Not only that, but a Spurs supporter to boot. So between the commentary he was giving to the other tourists on the bus, we discussed the stuff that Spurs supporters discuss when they first meet. His name is Alan and hopefully, he will find his way to this forum.

There are a few of us here on the Island. I've had a few fellow supporters stop me just to say "Hi" when I wear my Spurs hoodie or toque. I hope you enjoyed your trip here.
cheers, Mike

Mrs Perryman

Supporter
I'm a Cockney Malteser 👑
There I was taking a tour bus to a zip line experience in Victoria, Vancouver Island and the driver turns out to be originally from Bethnal Green, East London. Not only that, but a Spurs supporter to boot. So between the commentary he was giving to the other tourists on the bus, we discussed the stuff that Spurs supporters discuss when they first meet. His name is Alan and hopefully, he will find his way to this forum.

I'm not bovvered about telling people my age, 57, but I do get annoyed when they don't say I don't look it!! In fact the only time I have lied about my age is when I was a lot younger to get into a pub.

I know it well Mrs Perryman. Went to Bonner and Morpeth Schools and grew up on Cranbrook Estate. MMmmm Pie & Mash.
Think we might need a separate thread for this...... I used to work at Woolies down Roman Road on a Saturday whilst I was at school (we are talking waaaaaaaaaay back). I used to earn £1.75 A DAY, from 8.30am - 6pm, and we used to go and have lunch at Kelly's where we would have pie and mash for the princely sum of 10p!

Judging from your photo I'd never have thought you were 57, you look much younger.

That is you on the right, isn't it???
Thats an old photo, I'm 63!!! But thanks for the sentiment.
When I get home I'll update my avatar with the pic I took on Saturday, as I can't seem to do it from my phone.
PS I can't tell left from right 🤭

There are a few of us here on the Island. I've had a few fellow supporters stop me just to say "Hi" when I wear my Spurs hoodie or toque. I hope you enjoyed your trip here.
cheers, Mike

I loved it. We did a horse drawn trolley City tour first thing, very pretty, especially round the James Bay area. Then we spent the rest of the day on the zipline at Snooke, so didn't get a chance to see much else. I'll try and crack the photo thing and see if I can post the photo of us both, if you do know Alan say hi from me.

Not strictly on the topic of this thread, but I once visited a tiny shop in the middle of nowhere in Long Island NY that turned out to be owned by a massive Chelsea fan. We'd just announced the signing of Crouch and he mocked me for it and said we weren't going to achieve a thing that season.

:crouch:

Thats an old photo, I'm 63!!! But thanks for the sentiment.
When I get home I'll update my avatar with the pic I took on Saturday, as I can't seem to do it from my phone.
PS I can't tell left from right 🤭
Funny I was thinking about you yesterday when I was in my local Lidl. Couldn't help thinking there were some decent bargains, but I wouldn't want to Honeymoon in it.

My driving instructor in Exeter was a Spurs fan. He used to manage the Forum venue in Kentish Town and gave up the London life to move down to the South West with his missus.
Name was Joe Carrier I think.

Also on Sunday I went up to the Barcelona Convention Centre to register for this thing I'm doing there this week. Hardly a soul about as it was a big public holiday over here. The only other person I saw there was a girl in a spurs shirt.

Back
Top Bottom