Spurs Show

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is mostly negative when he's on but his latest rant was something else
He'd take winger tomorrow oh please and dembele not good enough ok mate
The best one was man utd only playing at 40% cos that's what it takes to be top of the league
I hope they don't have him on again
Or maybe he should make an appearance on the next fighting cock

I don't think we've heard the last of him, but as spooky said, we all sit near at least 1 person who is like him at games. I know I do.

I don't think we've heard the last of him, but as spooky said, we all sit near at least 1 person who is like him at games. I know I do.
Yeah and usually get in a argument with them
But he seems to spout drivel, last time he was adamant berba was coming back.

This is morbidly fascinating but I already have a couple of mates who email me constantly with unsolicited abuse on everyone from BAE, Defoe, 'Lemon' (which fucks me off) and AVB "can't coach, not sure what he is trying to do"....come to think of it, perhaps I need new mates.

Can't say listening to more twats would do my blood pressure any good.

We get stick for being delusional from other fans, perhaps some Spurs fans feel they need to redress the balance by slagging off everything about Spurs to buck the trend.

So reasonable. Who on earth are these guys? Everyone is going to unsubscribe!
GzQVNh6.jpg

Ha ha - they got Rob Easom on for the lolz this week

at one point he actually starts a sentence saying "I don't think we can give AVB too much credit" before Phil Cornwell just completely cut across him

and still found time to moan about the new stadium not being NOW, THIS MINUTE. what a poisonous individual

i think for some it's almost like tourette's, they were so used to turning up and slagging off the team for being shit that they can't break the habit.
Most Spurs fans have this self deprecating mode that kicks in automatically, I know I do. It's the best form of defence when confronted with opposing fans abuse, and over the years there has been plenty of it. Even the older members of the forum who witnessed the heady days of the 50s/60s have it, probably even more so. I used to work in an office where I was heavily outnumbered not just by Goons, but more annoyingly to a certain extent Man U fans, given my location.
I don't agree with the 'I've paid my entrance fee, I will boo if I want' brigade, that's just wrong on so many levels, but as for taking the piss out of your own team before someone else gets a chance, well it's worked for me over the years. I had a Goon on my shift who was/is a great bloke, would do anything to help you out, but as soon as Woolwich was involved in the conversation, he turned into a fucking brainwashed,knuckle dragging gobshite, even the other Goons found it amusing that someone could get so involved in a team. And that was back in the day when Woolwich was winning stuff.
When Spurs start winning stuff again I will make sure I cherish the moments of Glory, because, I know that at some point it will all disappear. See, I'm doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom