Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc

Berba, Keane and Defoe are not, think Sugar era for the last two.

Everton for 3 yes, 10 seasons as first game.

Luongo was league cup but there's current players in the list of 8.

Marney had 8 apperances, the rest were all cup appearances, no league debuts.

3 of the 8 are on our books. 1 made his debut this season.

Current state of play:

2) Name the 8 players with only 1 league appearance in the Premier League for Spurs.

No answers

4) Name the 6 players Spurs have bought and broke their transfer record in doing so, in the Premier League era.

missing, missing, Armstrong (4.5m), Ferdinand (6m), Rebrov (11m), Bent (16.5m)

5) Name the 2 teams, which we have played at least 10 times, that we have taken the most points off per game in the Premier League era.

Manchester City + one other

My data is only good up to Woolwich away this year, but it suggests that we've gotten more points per game off both Portsmouth and Sunderland than Man City.

qCiE5.png

Even if I account for the remaining Sunderland match, it's still 49 points off 24 matches, which is 2.04 pts / game.

zin said:
Berba, Keane and Defoe are not, think Sugar era for the last two.

Everton for 3 yes, 10 seasons as first game.

Luongo was league cup but there's current players in the list of 8.

Gazza and Paul Stewart?

PaulTHFC said:
Is Jamie Slabber one for question 2?

What about Kevin Scott or Nelsen

YidoBuckler said:
Paul Mcveigh and Neale Fenn?

Sean said:
Alnwick? Khumalo?

Jamie Slabber yes.

Kevin Scott played 16, Nelsen has played 3 so far.

McVeigh played 3. Neil Fenn played 8.

Alnwick yes!

The Bong has yet to play.

Also I miscounted, it was 7 not 8 in total.

So Lancaster, Slabber and Alnwick are correct so far. 4 to go. 2 are GKs, 1's a left back, 1's a right back.

Éperons said:
My data is only good up to Woolwich away this year, but it suggests that we've gotten more points per game off both Portsmouth and Sunderland than Man City.

[ Image ]

Even if I account for the remaining Sunderland match, it's still 49 points off 24 matches, which is 2.04 pts / game.

You seem to be missing an entire premier league season somewhere. You're 2 games down on some clubs like Norwich and Man City.

zin said:
Éperons said:

[ Image ]

You seem to be missing an entire premier league season somewhere. You're 2 games down on some clubs like Norwich and Man City.

Also Sunderland have had 11 premier league seasons including this one, you've got them down as having 23 games which would mean 12 seasons.

zin said:
Also Sunderland have had 11 premier league seasons including this one, you've got them down as having 23 games which would mean 12 seasons.
Excel sucks.

I'm missing the first year, I see. Football-data.co.uk only go back to 93/94. As for why Sunderland have a magical extra set of games, some dipshit added 96/97 twice…

Back
Top Bottom