Spurs moment of 2011

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Christmas is done. All in all a good few days relaxing, much great food and the joy of witnessing scenes of a sexual nature from Spurs at Norwich.

As I rolled into the office (too many mince pies) yesterday I wondered what would get me through these two irritating days at work. Could it be that the office MILF is in too and finally willing to act out the thoughts in my head, could the IT security settings have taken a Christmas break leaving me to surf freely or could I simply get away with catching up on some sleep. Unsurprisingly none of these have come true.

Instead what I have been doing is reminiscing about THFC's 2011. Full of many ups (CL run) and for me unnecessary downs (Dropped points at home). Amongst my reminiscing I've tried to pinpoint my Spurs moment of 2011 and I’m keen to hear yours.

For me there are some obvious moments of delight like beating Milan, or winning the NLD but my highlight has to be that Luka Modric goal against Liverpool. Pre game I had questions running through my mind, what would be the best way for the little magician to shake off that summer of discontent? Would we again see the Luka Modric that dictated games? And then bang that finish and more importantly that celebration from him. Massive moment that I think has played a big role in seeing him continue his sexual caressing of a football this season.

That’s mine, what’s yours?

The win against the scum earlier this season at the Lane seemed routine. Was not nervous pre-game. We were favourites and lived up to that billing. Didn't even bother texting any gooners post-match.

I don't know about the best moment of the entire year but 11pm, Wednesday the 31st of August 2011, when the deadline came and Luka Modric was still here... gotta be up there for me.

Luka staying was a big one (actually, I'd put it at a few days before the deadline when it became clear that this wasn't a negotiating ploy - I think that people in football assume that 'no' means 'yes but for more cash' & Levy just showed them how hardline it's possible to be).

NLD was a good 'un - especially Kyle blowing kisses to us after scoring that screamer.

Mine is definitely humiliating Liverpool, though. I had some concerns at that stage of the season that we were good but not great. If ever there was a 90 minute passage of play to show what Lilywhite superiority looked like, it's that.

Definitely the away win against Milan. Everything seemed set up for us to lose that game. Never witnessed a Spurs team play so well away from home in Europe before, everyone played completely differently and Sandro and Wilson stepped up big time.

Being at AC away for me. Winning at a place like the San Siro in the last 16 of the champions league. Utterly utterly priceless.
And my goober living uncles text asking me where the wind up was two days after the NLD. Told him I don't like to mock....

Milan away. That performance was the best performance I've ever seen a Spurs team give in my life. We were phenomenal. Such a shame it all fell apart in the next round.

waccy said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHAT A GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

I actually missed the magical moment. But I can tell you all hand on heart the 1000th replaying of it feels like I'm there and the feeling has never diminished. I am certain that had I actually witnessed the moment live as it happened, my heart would have sighed and my balls would have terminally exploded.

Sorry dude Danny Rose was 2010. For 2011 its got to be destroying Liverpool. They where supposedly back to their best and our season hadn't got started. Really showed our intent

Back
Top Bottom