Spurs Fan Survey

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of us don't live anywhere London to attend games regularly or ever for that matter, so that may have an effect on who can/cannot answer the questions.

Have your say on a number of different issues currently surrounding Spurs:

Please go to: www.surveymonkey.com/s/SpursDissertationSurvey

I am currently doing my dissertation at Brunel University and would greatly appreciate it if as many people as possible could take this survey. It's completely anonymous and will only be used for research purposes.

Thanks in advance
i live right next to Brunel. Wanna be mates?

Minor criticism, but Qs 7 and 8 would work much better in my opinion by asking for a percentage, and/or by asking for multiple choices. E.g. for Q8 I'd ask whether people typically attend less than 10% of home games, 10-25%, 25%-50%, 50-75%, 75-90%, more than 90%. The number of matches is different from season to season depending on the number of cup games, and asking for an absolute number rather than a range is asking for an unreasonable degree of precision from people.

most busses go near Brunel. We could meet up, go play snooker or something and discuss Tottenham. And have secret handshakes. Ive always wanted a secret handshake.
Lp3eS.gif

Done for ya pal,

Personally I would add an 'additional comments' section at the end of each page perhaps; there were a few where i'm not sure my responses would be representative if taken in isolation. Nonetheless, good luck with the diss!

OK I'll be brutally honest - Q9 is horribly written.

"If stands were reintroduced". What, as opposed to the grassy banks we all stand on at the moment? You mean standing areas right?

"I believe that this is a good thing". What is 'this'? Families being offended by fans' conduct? Or the potential reintroduction of stands? If you mean the latter, then you can't say it is a good thing, because it hasn't happened. You'd have to say it would be a good thing.

"I prefer seating as it is more comfortable". More comfortable than what? Squatting? Hopping? You need to be unambiguous. Also what about if somebody prefers seating as it enables them to avoid certain types of fans, rather than because of any comfort issues? Then how would they answer the question?

Q10 is a bit better, though please don't call us "Tottenham FC". There is no such thing. Call us Spurs, Tottenham, Tottenham Hotspur, or Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Q11 is not very clear. Are you talking about these parties being active in stopping Yid chants in their own immediate spheres of influence (stadiums) or in general throughout the footballing world?

Q12 - more or less likely than what? The current situation? The amount that I currently use Yid chants? This makes very little sense, particularly for the home and away game ones. Would be much clearer to use a scale from very unlikely to very likely. Or you could put contrasting pairs at either end of the same scale.

I've done the survey, but if you're serious about using this as a research tool for a dissertation I'd strongly suggest that you read up on the basics of good practice in questionnaire writing, and do some thorough proof-reading and sanity checking.

Sorry to be harsh on you!

OK I'll be brutally honest - Q9 is horribly written.

"If stands were reintroduced". What, as opposed to the grassy banks we all stand on at the moment? You mean standing areas right?

"I believe that this is a good thing". What is 'this'? Families being offended by fans' conduct? Or the potential reintroduction of stands? If you mean the latter, then you can't say it is a good thing, because it hasn't happened. You'd have to say it would be a good thing.

"I prefer seating as it is more comfortable". More comfortable than what? Squatting? Hopping? You need to be unambiguous. Also what about if somebody prefers seating as it enables them to avoid certain types of fans, rather than because of any comfort issues? Then how would they answer the question?

Q10 is a bit better, though please don't call us "Tottenham FC". There is no such thing. Call us Spurs, Tottenham, Tottenham Hotspur, or Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Q11 is not very clear. Are you talking about these parties being active in stopping Yid chants in their own immediate spheres of influence (stadiums) or in general throughout the footballing world?

Q12 - more or less likely than what? The current situation? The amount that I currently use Yid chants? This makes very little sense, particularly for the home and away game ones. Would be much clearer to use a scale from very unlikely to very likely. Or you could put contrasting pairs at either end of the same scale.

I've done the survey, but if you're serious about using this as a research tool for a dissertation I'd strongly suggest that you read up on the basics of good practice in questionnaire writing, and do some thorough proof-reading and sanity checking.

Sorry to be harsh on you!
Ouch. :avbhumph:

Done but think it needs to be structured to cater for UK residents or overseas residents.
I am an aussie not able to attend but watch every game which is generally anytime between midnite to 6am.

I filled it out. I must confess that in hindsight I agree with alexwooty alexwooty .

In particularly I didn't much care for the final question, which presumes the person answering does use the Y word, notwithstanding the fact that the previous page asks whether or not you actually use it at all.

Back
Top Bottom